PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with no.1 Mk III* trigger group?

Dschuttig
09-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Looing for a little insight here. I've got a SMLE (GRI) No. 1 Mk. III* that was originallly a wire wrapped gernade rifle that I got on the cheap. Someone had messed with the wire and made a mess out of it. Back about 6 or 7 years ago when they imported all of those indian enfields aim had some extra stock sets so I bought one. I figured it was a good investment becouse the rifle was 100% matching, 100% metal and pristine bore and crown. Not to mention those wire wrapped jobbers had that giant hex bolt going through them that I couldn't wait to get rid of that stock. Stock fit on beautifully, gun looks like it just came off the showroom floor and would make any milsurp collector drool. Problem is, that it no longer has a 2 stage trigger. Somewhere there is wood that needs to be removed slightly as to not interfere with the trigger group. When the original stock went back on it was 2 stage, new stock reacts more like those russian 91/30's. creep, creep, bang. Trying to figure out where to remove wood without taking any excess stuff off. Any help would be appreciated. Dan

docone31
09-30-2010, 11:01 AM
The #1MKIII should be an easy wood removal.
Remove the lower forestock, open the sides a little.
With the group working, I then put CA on the wood I removed to stiffen it up
It won't be much that needs removing.