PDA

View Full Version : tell us about your Power Custom hammer

45Driver
09-30-2010, 07:48 AM

Changeling
09-30-2010, 03:25 PM
There is no kit that will equal a great trigger job, none! Some of the kits will change things somewhat, but the difference between that and a great trigger job is like night and day.
Sense you are interested in revolvers, some day you will feel a great trigger on someone's revolver and you will instantly know, WOW, I have to get my triggers like that! All that kit money will be gone because you will NEVER be satisfied with a kit trigger again.

leftiye
09-30-2010, 08:32 PM
From reading this, you might not be interested in saving money, but... you can do your own trigger jobs, especially on single action revolters. If your results resemble the single action letoff of a Smiffy Wethon, it just possibly might be good enough (ya think?). There are threads here about doing this.

Changeling
10-01-2010, 03:47 PM
From reading this, you might not be interested in saving money, but... you can do your own trigger jobs, especially on single action revolters. If your results resemble the single action letoff of a Smiffy Wethon, it just possibly might be good enough (ya think?). There are threads here about doing this.

Leftiye, you are exactly right, money can be saved by doing it one's self (Quite a bit) . I just don't feel comfortable doing it. It takes a through understanding of the trigger mechanism and I am not comfortable with that because I do NOT throughly understand them !
That is why I leave it to those that really do understand! So please don't take offense!!

gunsbrad
10-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Not to be argumentative, but I think very highly of Mr. Powers hammers and triggers. I don't own one. I do my own trigger jobs and have done hundreds. I have also installed several of Mr. Powers kits for others. They are good. Usually go about 2 1/2lb or just a little more right out of the box.

The real gold in the design is these things are made from tool steel and if you want the nth degree of fine triggers you can't do it with standard rugers. Powers gives you something to work with. A good smith can take one of those and do wonders SAFELY.

Brad Hurt

jeff423
10-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I dropped one in myself on the same gun: .41mag SBHH. Took about 30 min. No modifications needed. Very crisp - no creep 2 - 2.5 lb trigger pull. Its very easy to do.

Jeff

Changeling
10-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Congratulations on getting a trigger that you like, enjoy.

McLintock
10-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Considering the cost of shipping the handgun, I'd go with the Power Custom set every time. I do my own, but I'm using Old Model 3 screw Rugers, but did have one New Model, a Buckeye 32-20/32 H&R, in which I put a Power Custom set and was totally satisfied with it. They're good stuff, IMHO, especially if you don't have a good local gunsmith around.
McLintock