PDA

View Full Version : Viper help

docone31
09-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Hello campfellows.
Kidding aside, I have this Viper. It takes an amazingly expensive magazine. Is there an alternative?
I looked at Remington magazines. Some are close to the Viper.
Has anyone modified another mag to fit the Viper?
I was suprised, it is a great little rifle.

Combat Diver
09-29-2010, 11:46 PM
The Remington Store had some Viper mags on close out a few months ago for $10. Might try giving them a call.

http://www.remingtoncountrystore.com/partsPaging.aspx?layout=0&number=3&catalogid=1&categoryid=3586&topcat=1038

looseprojectile
10-01-2010, 01:25 AM
I have two of them in the shop. One is in parts and the other is complete with magazine. Those guns will not shoot without a magazine. Hardly work with one.
I gave up in disgust in trying to make a gun out of them. All of the plastic and stamped metal parts have to fly in the same formation and I am not smart enough to make one run. I will have to check and get the mag in my hand then I could send it to you.

Life is good

docone31
10-01-2010, 07:04 PM
I appreciate that.
I guess I am kinda lucky. It is a good fireing rifle. I got scope mounts for it today.
Will be fun to sight in on the adjustable rest.
It does feel like a toy.

looseprojectile
10-04-2010, 02:36 AM
How do you shoot it if you don't have a magazine?
Been busy the last few days. Clearing and cleaning and burning.
I promise you will get the mag.
You need to send me an address and name please.
Got it in my hot little hand. Ball's in your court!

Life is good

CALGOUGERS.NET
10-05-2010, 11:41 PM
That was very nice of you LP. I had a neighbor that had a Viper and he had probs with it going FA and the general consensus seems these rifles are kind of problematic. I hope the new mag fixes you up and everything works out ok.

docone31
10-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Just got back from the range with the rifle and new mag.
Great shooter!
I do not like the Eye Relief using a scope, but I can deal with it.
Rather long trigger pull, but again, I can deal with it
I went from the Viper to the tricked out 10/22. First round went a flyer! The trigger is so light compared with the Viper. I gotta pin the bolt next. Had a lot of FTFs today. I switched to CCI Blazer. The Remington Thunderbolts work great. The CCI, every other round did not fire, even after several reloads.
Gotta rework the bolt. Pinning is not hard, just takes some concentration.

JIMinPHX
10-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Please pardon my ignorance.

Pinning? What is that?

The only pinning that I've known of on a .22 was when someone pinned the action shut to keep the noise down on a suppressed rifle. It sounds like you are probably talking about something different.

docone31
10-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Pinning the reciever, is when you take the trigger group pins, and bed them in the stock.
Pinning the bolt, is where the firing pin is pinned to prevent upwards creep. Most FTFs are fixed that way.
That and headspace.
Pinning the reciever makes the reciver solid to the stock. You remove the pins to clean it.

JIMinPHX
10-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Thank you for the clarification.