PDA

View Full Version : H & K P7 Squeezecocker

crabo
09-29-2010, 09:00 PM
A friend of mine just bought a mint condition Squeezecocker. He bought it because it was only $500. He would like to turn it into a Kimber 45 acp.

Any ideas on what it is worth? He has the box with a matching serial number on the box.

Thanks,

HeavyMetal
09-29-2010, 09:27 PM
I think he paid a fair price for it and, if it's the single stack gun, he should consider keeping it.

Not that the 9 is a better round than the 45 auto it's that the little P7 is a pretty trick little gun and will always draw a crowd at any range you break it out at.

The only thing I dislike on this gun is the heel clip for the mag other than that these rock!

Ed K
09-29-2010, 11:30 PM
The P7M8 has a traditional mag release. You must be thinking about the PSP.

Condition is everything: $750-1250

PepperBuddha
09-30-2010, 08:06 AM
The P7M8 has a traditional mag release. You must be thinking about the PSP.

Condition is everything: $750-1250
I agree, I paid $1000 for my 2nd one used, about 10 years ago. 4 mags and leather.

spqrzilla
10-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I actually prefer the butt magazine release of the PSP to the lever style of the P7M8 and P7M13.

These make good little house guns for the spouse in my opinion.

Combat Diver
10-04-2010, 06:17 AM
My first centerfire auto was a electronickeless P7 PSP bought in Dec 83'. That was a tack driver and used to do bowling pin comps in Germany with it. Traded it later for a new Browning 1886 Carbine.

Tim357
10-04-2010, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=spqrzilla;1016591]I actually prefer the butt magazine release of the PSP to the lever style of the P7M8 and P7M13.

Amen. A shooter's grip on the pistol does not change with a heel-type mag release. A consistent grip is paramount to accurate shooting...

Tim sends

MakeMineA10mm
10-05-2010, 12:34 AM
A friend of mine just bought a mint condition Squeezecocker. He bought it because it was only $500. He would like to turn it into a Kimber 45 acp.

Any ideas on what it is worth? He has the box with a matching serial number on the box.

Thanks,

It really depends on what it is and what it's condition is.

The PSP has the mag catch on the heel. These were rare as hen's teeth in America until a year or two ago, when the German police traded them all in and they were sold on the surplus market here in the US. The prices went from "collectors" to nearly "surplus" level over night. I bought mine last year for around $500 and it came with the matching box and everything.

The P7M8 (single stack) and P7M13 (double-ish stack) pistols have always been around 900-1200, depending on condition and exact model/rarity. The prices on these seems to have stayed stable or slightly come down, when the PSPs came into the country. I recently had a friend sell his for 900, and it was well-used. Now, ironically, the "cheaper" version of this gun, which had been the "common" variety in America, is now the more premium-priced pistol...

If it happens to be a 40S&W caliber P7 (M10), it is worth around 1500 or so, as these are pretty rare. Only a few thousand made, if I remember correctly.

Check out www.hkpro.com for more info.

Geraldo
10-05-2010, 10:43 AM
I sent tens of thousands of rounds downrange from my P7M8 and P7M13. There is a lot good about them: fast reloads using the squeeze cocker as a slide release, accurate as all get out, compact for a lot of rounds in the M13, 3.5# trigger pull, they work with some parts broken (can rack the slide and shoot one shot at a time with a broken striker collet) or missing (extractor), and they are very tolerant of dirt if they are kept lubed. The downside is that they get ungodly hot when shooting a lot even though they have a heat shield, they rust like there is no tomorrow in very humid environments, lead boolits are said to plug the gas system (never had the guts to test this and factory ammo was free), and the ergonomics suck on the M13.

Whatever you do, DO NOT strip it down to the frame unless you have a manual, another P7 to look at, or an armorer handy. The Germans put a large number of parts in these pistols, and I've seen them returned to the armorer in a plastic bag when disassembled by a user who didn't know just how hard it was to put it back together.