PDA

View Full Version : Geo. Hensley #34 Mold

ChuckS1
09-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Picked up a George Hensley #34 with handles and tried it out tonight for the first time. Wow, what a wonderful mold. The boolits fell out without much more than a gentle nudge, if that. Diameter is .455, just right for my pre-25's bigger cylinder throats. Weight averages about 228-230 grains with WW alloy. Now I know why everyone raves about their H&G molds. This one's a keeper for sure!

Texasflyboy
09-29-2010, 08:19 PM
That wouldn't have been a two cavity mould that was just on eBay?

If so...you're fortunate I just got back into town...

I was planning to snipe that auction with an obscene bid but got wrapped up with work.

But am happy you got it.

I was planning to send that one or one like it to get Hollow Pointed.

:)

Picked up a George Hensley #34 with handles and tried it out tonight for the first time. Wow, what a wonderful mold. The boolits fell out without much more than a gentle nudge, if that. Diameter is .455, just right for my pre-25's bigger cylinder throats. Weight averages about 228-230 grains with WW alloy. Now I know why everyone raves about their H&G molds. This one's a keeper for sure!

ChuckS1
09-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Yeah, that was me...I was actually looking for an RCBS 45-230 but saw this and heck, got the mold and handles for less than the price of a new RCBS mold. I thought for sure somebody was gonna snatch it for a lot more than I did.

BTW, I'm just down the road in Stafford.

Texasflyboy
09-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Yeah, that was me...I was actually looking for an RCBS 45-230 but saw this and heck, got the mold and handles for less than the price of a new RCBS mold. I thought for sure somebody was gonna snatch it for a lot more than I did.

BTW, I'm just down the road in Stafford.

Check your PM.