PDA

View Full Version : Coloring ingots, hell I don't know!

Changeling
09-28-2010, 05:26 PM
I just read a post below on color marking an ingot. Pretty good read!

I was wondering, is there a way to color lead "itself" in the melting/casting pot? Remember this is just a question, LOL! The idea remains the property of Changeling, a world recognized extraordinarily gifted expert in the field of ballistics! Whoops, bar none!

I mean it would be really nice to have "Chartreuse" bullets for that special target occasion or an evening out on the town and the Black for the "Kill them right now" no quarter hunting projectile, LOLAL.
I could see lots of applications for this type of coloring a bullet especially in California (forgot nicknames). Any way I think a valid question deserves just as honest answers.:holysheep

lwknight
09-28-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't think that lead can be colored but can be colored on to like with a marker.

ButchC
09-28-2010, 07:16 PM
I think the only way you'd change color would be to react the lead tin or antimony with some other chemical and there's nothing i can think of that wouldn't make said component poor boolit material after that.

Charlie Two Tracks
09-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Good question though. That would be fun to have different colors. I know there is a paint you can use but that's not the same as lead being colored.