PDA

View Full Version : N.Y. to Ban Lead Wheel Weights

WILCO
09-28-2010, 01:34 PM
This is a done deal. Happened in July, 2010.

http://www.tirereview.com/article/75277/ny_to_ban_lead_wheel_weights.aspx

Better stock up. :killingpc

Shooter
09-28-2010, 01:53 PM
I heard they were to be banned nationwide in 2011.

Marlin Junky
09-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Boy, I don't know how I made it through the '50's and '60's without the help of all these do-good'n Euro-trash morons protecting the environment. And my poor old father who was a mere child during the Great Depression is 79 years old and has lower blood pressure than most of these tightly wound 20 something sit faced Obama zombies do today.

Oh well, either government will continue to bloat until the free enterprise system will cease to exist, or we will get back to our founding principles and set an example for the rest of of the world whether they elect to follow it or not.

MJ

P.S. Bomb Ahmadinejad :razz:

Shooter
09-28-2010, 02:21 PM
I know what you mean. I grew up in a house painted with lead paint, but my parents watched their children and didn't let them chew the walls. My father taught me to cast boolits around age 10.
Today brain-dead parents want to have the government raise their kids. They won't even teach them manners.

fredj338
09-28-2010, 03:48 PM
You could see this coming. Europe banned them some 5-6yrs ago. Calif followed suit & ther eare more cars here than in some 25 other states combined. WW manuf aren't going to make diff alloy ww. Get now, they are gonna all be gone in 2-3yrs (about the life of a set of tires).

Marlin Junky
09-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Hopefully I have all the WW metal I'll need for quite some time... especially if I stick to my .30 caliber guns. What I really need is BHN 5-6 Pb... and lots of it.

MJ

Shooter
09-29-2010, 07:59 AM
I have read that in the colonial days lead was so precious that hunters lined up their shots so that the ball could be recovered.
I guess we will have to do the same.

fredj338
09-30-2010, 03:50 AM
I have read that in the colonial days lead was so precious that hunters lined up their shots so that the ball could be recovered.
I guess we will have to do the same.

That is what berm mining is all about.:cbpour: