PDA

View Full Version : Need a new 22 special Mag tube.

Deacon Stone
09-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Is there anybody that can point me in the right direction on finding a Remington Model 12 22 special inner Mag tube. This is Winchesters version of the WRF. The tube O.D. is .355. I have been all over the wire for 4 month now and no one makes or carries them any more. The tube is brass and is 17.25 long. I have all the parts. Just need the brass tube.

Thanks Deacon Stone

seppos
09-28-2010, 01:31 PM
The model makers use sometimes thin walled brass tubing.. maybe you could find it from a hobby store or something.. The same goes with straight piano wire that is actually spring steel..

S

John Taylor
09-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Wisner's has the wrf inner tube for the Winchester model 90 and model 61. Slightly bigger on the OD and ID. May need to cut to length for the Remington. I think the OD is .377". These are made of steel.

Deacon Stone
09-28-2010, 09:34 PM
You're right John they do. And My first thought was that was the way to go. Won't work. OD to big. Thanks Keep looking. I'm open to anything. I even started measuring aluminum arrows. A little to small but close.

Deacon Stone

Thin Man
09-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Deacon,
If you have not looked at Brownells, they offer a magazine inner tube kit which might work for you. Their Kit #1 has a tube which measures .350" (barely under your requirement of .355") and is 17 1/2 inches long (only 1/4 inch over your needs). The only unknown is the inner diameter, not sure it will match your requirements. The tube has one end rolled to retain the follower, comes with the plug, spring and cross pin. Their part number is 084-027-001 and sells for $18.00 plus shipping. Their next cheapest offer is a 3-pack of just the brass tube, longer length, at $29.97. I did not find that they offer a single tube by itself. You might try calling Brownells, ask for Tech Support, and have they try to fit a Special or WRF dummy round in the kit's tube to confirm it will pass. Their telephone is 800-741-001. Even if you do not call and do order the kit, then determine the tube will not work out for you, they are generous with unaltered returns. Good luck with your project.
Thin Man

Lee W
09-29-2010, 06:57 PM
These guys have metric tubing in 9mm (.354) with an ID of .319. They also have a .352 with an ID of .324.

If you need it, I have the ability to cut such tubing with a saw designed for thin wall and a crimping machine. It is not a roll crimper, but it is close (16 segment).

http://www.ksmetals.com/ContactUs.html

http://www.ksmetals.com/resources/cuttolength.pdf