Perhaps this should be posted elsewhere ... mods, feel free to move it. 'Tuck

http://www.brenhambanner.com/articles/2010/08/19/news/news03.txt

captaint
09-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Wish I had a bank like that here. My money would move right now!! enjoy Mike

Changeling
09-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Wish I had a bank like that here. My money would move right now!! enjoy Mike

Did I miss something, what state is this bank in?

I would switch to a bank like that in a second if it were near me.

geargnasher
09-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Good for them. I think, like some of our founding fathers did, that when specific rights become granted by law, it implies that they are not inherent, inalienable rights. If I have to have a license to carry a gun, and that license is only valid for concealed carry, and I can only take it where it is specifically declared to be allowed, then it isn't a right, it's an "allowance", like a driver's license. Think about how you want your RTKBA represented: Is it a RIGHT of every legal citizen, or is it a PRIVELEDGE only granted in certain instances and by license?

It disgusts me that even members of the responsible, gun-owning community have allowed this paradigm to alter their thinking. "I'll vote for more legislation that grants me bits and pieces of a consitutional right that I already have". It's kinda like a state penning a new law that grants people the right to peaceably assemble, but ONLY on Tuesdays from 8-3pm, only on city park property, and only with a permit obtained by each individual to be present 30 days in advance for a $2 fee to the city.

Gear

Bill*
09-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Did I miss something, what state is this bank in?

I would switch to a bank like that in a second if it were near me.

"contact us" says Texas

Johnch
09-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Brenham, Texas

lwknight
09-28-2010, 07:05 PM
So , like the Brenham bank is no longer a safe place to go shoot innocent people?

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-28-2010, 08:41 PM
“Lawful concealed carry permitted on these premises. Management recognizes the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution as an inalienable right of all citizens. We therefore support and encourage the carrying of licensed concealed weapons.”

What a bunch of boloney! If it is the 2nd Amendment Right of citizens why do they need the "library card" to carry . . .

Unfortunately the state of Texas does not see the right for a legally allowed gun owner to decide how they choose to carry their gun!

Like Gear said, only if you have the nice little plastic permission slip you can . . . they finally got that part figured out here in AZ! I walk into my bank with my gun on all the times I go in there, some times it is visible, other times it is discreetly tucked away . . .

geargnasher
09-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I know, Benz, one day we might manage to actually elect a governor who will ACT on our immigration crisis, 2nd amendment rights, and a bunch of other things. But hey, there's still hope for us, we finally got a Castle Doctrine bill signed into law recently, and it wasn't watered down too much or addendumed to death.

PS your Sheriff Joe is a fine human being, he's singlehandedly brought some common sense to the way county criminal justice systems and government can be adjusted to function WELL, and do it simply and efficently with just policy changes, and without needing a 20 million dollar federal grant. :drinks:

Gear

Echo
09-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Not so in AZ - we recently got a law passed that allows concealed carry without a permit.

geargnasher
09-28-2010, 09:24 PM
I sure hope Mr. Smith allows his tellers, clerks, and loan officers to pack heat, too. It would sure save on the rent-a-cop budget.

Can you imagine some thug walking in, demanding money, and getting a 12-bore side-by-side stuck under his chin by the clerk?

Gear

Recluse
09-28-2010, 11:13 PM
The wife and I are gonna take the plane down there and open up an account next month.

Brenham is a nice stop for us on the way to Galveston. Great little airport (11R) with a fantastic FBO and a restaurant called The Southern Flyer. Girls wear poodle skirts, the burgers are awesome and the deserts are made with fresh Blue Bell Ice Cream.

Heh heh. Opening up a bank account down there will give me/us an excuse to make the occasional day trip down there ("Banking business, you know?") and then sneak away to tour the Blue Bell Ice Cream plant. . . take in a sample or two.

:coffee:

Johnch
09-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Can you imagine some thug walking in, demanding money, and getting a 12-bore side-by-side stuck under his chin by the clerk?

Gear

Probely sue the bank for their dry cleaning bill
To clean their shorts :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I just forwarded the link to a guy I hunt with
The CEO of a local bank

I will see what he says
But come to think about it
Here in Ohio , not sure if our CCW's allow carry in banks ( have to check on that ) if not posted

As my local bank dosn't have a sign

John

lwknight
09-29-2010, 12:42 AM
I have been in 31 states and none have ice cream to compare with Brenhams' own " Blue Bell" ice cream. Oh , those poor souls that think Blue Bunny ice cream is good.

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Not so in AZ - we recently got a law passed that allows concealed carry without a permit.

Echo,

Either you or I missed something, I stated above that AZ got it right that we don't need a permission slip . . . did I miss something? Were you replying to something else?

DLCTEX
09-29-2010, 11:02 AM
On Fox news this morning they did a story on the bank and it was Chapel Hill Bank. They said it was just north of Dallas, which it's not, unless there are two Chapel hill, Texas.

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Got this in an email . . .
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/ChappellHillBank.jpg

It's nice they allow ccw or whatever you call it in TX in there, but would be better when the rights of all law abiding citizens are restored!

lonewelder
10-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Chappell Hill is 11mi out of Brenham

Recluse
10-01-2010, 10:13 AM
It's nice they allow ccw or whatever you call it in TX in there, but would be better when the rights of all law abiding citizens are restored!

Agree.

But until more than 5% of all gun-owners get off their apathetic, freeloading butts and join the NRA or GOA and/or their respective state rifle/gun associations. . . ain't gonna happen.

We, as gun-owners, have nobody but ourselves to blame for the mess we're in.

That is why I will not associate, lend assistance to or otherwise acknowledge gun-owners who when asked about membership with NRA, GOA, etc and they tell me they don't have time, or that they "disagree with" or that "I don't want all that junk mail."

I tell them, and not so diplomatically, that they are the root of ALL of our gun-related problems.

:coffee:

Doby45
10-01-2010, 05:19 PM
<----Proud NRA member.

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I'm a NRA member too, also AZ-CDL which stands for Arizona - Citizens Defense League, every Arizonian should be a member! http://www.azcdl.org/

If your state does not have something at the local level, start it! (People sitting around mumbling in their beards ain't gonna change nuthin!)

The confusion on where the bank was, is it was in the Brenham newspaper, I wouldn't count on the TV to get much right!