PDA

View Full Version : Ruger NH turn-around time?

Butler Ford
09-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Just took the Royal Reamin' by UPS to ship a hand gun back to Ruger, 'course it was $34 less than FedEx. I've still to figure out why we the consumer have to pay for the fact that they hire theives?
Anyone know how long it takes Ruger to get a revolver back to ya? We're doing the transfer bar mod to an old model Blackhawk and clocking the barrel(5" left at 15 yds!).

drobinson
09-27-2010, 04:45 PM
I sent mine to September 13th about 3pm and got it back today 9/27 before lunch.

44MAG#1
09-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Mine was gone for 2 months and then wound up having to send it back for the same problem and it was gone for close to 2 weeks then.

I suggest that if it has to go back agian for something they screwed up send the receipt with it and tell them 2 weeks or they have bought themselves a gun.

Thats what I did. Got it less than 2 weeks.

Ed K
09-27-2010, 06:23 PM
I could be a wise guy and tell you about how I drive mine 10 miles up the road...

Butler Ford
09-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks All! Ed, that's a good thing to know!! LOL
I take it that they aren't quite as good as Springfield (10 days and they received it on the day they flooded) but much better than Taurus?
d. I was hoping for about 2 weeks, that's encouraging.

44man
09-30-2010, 09:32 AM
I was working at UAL, put in 42 years with them and we handled a lot of UPS shipping before they got their own planes and large trucks. A lot of other freight haulers, trucks and trains did a lot of their shipping.
UPS shipped a lot of gun shipments from Glock, etc, huge numbers to distributors and boxes were always being broken into at other terminals. At UAL, they were locked up in a secure area.
That was then they made next day air for gun shipments. However they charge more for a gun then anything else.
I made out thousands and thousands of hazmat forms and it did not cost anything to the shipper, just a form. Then UPS started to charge extra and everyone else fell into the money pool. Only certain items needed separated when loaded and it was no more work and took no more space, just load at distances from one another.
I have watched the cost increase ever since and it is all profit for the shipper. Been there, done that!
Insurance rates have gone up but never enough to justify the rip off rates to ship a gun or hazmat. They do not have to hire anyone else either, every employee has hazmat training.
When I was young, buying handguns, They came to my house IN THE MAIL. Today you need to blame the politicians and weirdos for the stupid laws and a lot of the expense.
You can buy a rifle or shotgun in another state but not a handgun unless it is shipped to a dealer in your state. Why not make the instant check in the other state and take the gun home?

Butler Ford
09-30-2010, 01:25 PM
I can take issue with nothing you've said. Makes for short conversations, does'nt it.

Butler Ford
10-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Shipped on Monday in my hand the second Wednesday, 9 days, even better than Springfield!!