PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to order C.Sharps 1885

hithard
09-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Gonna order a high wall in 45-70, set single trigger, fancy wood, Mid range tange sight, 30" heavy barrel, and the silver enlay on the forearm.

Only want to do this once, so what's missing?

Believe it or not, this rifle is going to hunt, it's gonna work for a living, heck when I'm dead it's condition isn't gonna matter to me much.

Called today and they say shipping time is 30-90 days? not to bad from what it has been in recent yrs, does say something about the economy.

NickSS
09-25-2010, 06:03 AM
I have two of their high walls and they are really excellent rifles. Both of mine have pistol grip stocks and standard weight barrels. They weigh about 9.5 pounds but as the larger caliber one is a 40-65 a 45-70 would be a couple of ounces lighter. If you get the heavy barrel it will add a couple of pounds to the weight. My 38-55 rifle has a cheek piece and a half round barrel that I like. The other has a straight tapper octagon barrel and no cheek piece. They both shoot exceptionally well as do all the rifles I have bought from C. Sharps.

excess650
09-25-2010, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't buy their tang sight!

Don McDowell
09-25-2010, 10:38 AM
30-90 days is about standard for CSA delivery.
Did you check the available list to see if they have a rifle to suit ready to ship?

Gunlaker
09-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Only want to do this once, so what's missing?

I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I like my C. Sharps rifles and I've always found them to be good to deal with.

I assume you ordered the shotgun butt plate?

Chris.

Boz330
09-27-2010, 11:35 AM
If you are only going to hunt with it why get the heavy barrel. I bought my first C-Sharps to hunt with and got a 28" standard. I later got into BPCRS and used that rifle with excellent results, for me. Mine didn't have the set trigger and my scores improved a bit when I got a rifle with a set trigger.

Bob