PDA

View Full Version : September Offhand Internet Pistol Match

Bad luck Bill
09-15-2006, 08:43 PM
All that is required is a scanned copy of your target. Any guns above .32 are fine and cast bullets must be used. We'll be going by points instead of groups, it makes things easier. Three matches...50 feet offhand duelist....ten shots/two targets....25 yards offhand duelist...ten shots/two targets and 50 yards two-handed offhand...ten shots/two targets. Standard NRA targets should be used....5.5 inch bullseye without the "X" in the center are fine. It should be fairly easy to find this target. Once the targets have been shot just email them at greyswindir@comcast.net. The winner will receive a little pride and arrogance...:drinks:

BLB.

slughammer
09-15-2006, 09:41 PM
There should be a code on it like B-3, B-8, or B-16. Which one do you want?

ten shots/two targets, that's 20 rounds total, for 200 points possible?

David R
09-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Whatsamatterfer ONE handed 50 yards like us bullseye guys do?

Bad luck Bill
09-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Sorry...let me clarify a little more:

Two targets of five shots for each match equaling a possible 100 points. If you feel like you need to shoot with one hand for the 50 yard match (Like me and a few others) then by all means, do so. It's all pretty straight forward...have a good time shooting the targets. Just label your targets, i.e., 25 yard match, 50 feet...50 yard match, etc. Beyond that it is all up to the shooter....

BLB.

imashooter2
09-16-2006, 12:02 PM
If we're going to shoot for score using the same target is a must. What B code target do you want to use?

David R
09-16-2006, 12:05 PM
50 foot slow fire? 50 foot timed and rapid fire?
50 yard slow fire? 25 yard timed and rapid?

David

Bad luck Bill
09-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Okay...

I'll be using a B-16 which is a 25 yard slow fire pistol target for each distance...is this agreable to everyone? You could even go to Walmart or K-Mart and buy the 5.5 inch shoot and see stick-on which is the exact same size as the B-16. Just stick it on a paper plate and shoot. If you'd all like I could do a little searching and get something more available for all of us? I have a bunch of those B-2 target for 50 feet slow fire but I like the b-16 the best as I'm just used to it. I've also got a B-3, maybe you guys could choose as you have more experience than I do? I just want to shoot without having to do any mailing. Since we're all on the Internet it makes more sense to me to use the technology.

BLB.

imashooter2
09-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Works for me! I've got B-16's on the shelf.

Edit to remove link to .PDF target, the ring sizes are screwed up.

Bad luck Bill
09-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Strange,

Mine doesn't have an X ring, only the Ten ring, Why the difference? And mine is supposed to be an NRA "Official" target? Doesn't make any sense to me since in Bullseye compitition there is an X to break ties.

BLB>

imashooter2
09-16-2006, 08:14 PM
I have some store bought B-16 with the NRA logo and an X in the center. Do your targets have a smaller ring inside the 10? Doesn't really matter if they print the X or not. It's the ring sizes that make the target.

imashooter2
09-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Whoops! I take it back... My store bought targets don't have an X printed either.

ETA: The .PDF I posted had rings all the wrong sizes. Looks like it's store bought or nothing...

Bad luck Bill
09-16-2006, 08:47 PM
No rush...I'll take a look around on the net for a good target we can all shoot. As long as the rings are the same size we should be okay. Like I said, those shoot and see stickers are the same size as the B-16 though they don't have an X ring, only a ten ring. They are also fun to shoot at because each shot turns a neon color.

BLB.

David R
09-17-2006, 01:25 AM
I have a B-6C(P) which is an "official competition" NRA repair center for 50 yards and it has an X.

Sizes are
X 1 11/16"
10 3 3/8"
9 5 9/16"
8 8"
7 is 11"

The 8 and higher are black.

If I remember right, the 25 yard has the same scoring rings but the 8 is white.

David

imashooter2
09-17-2006, 07:33 AM
This link has dimensions that say the rings in a B-6 and a B-16 are not the same...

http://www.stl-online.net/jls/sec1.html

Bad luck Bill
09-18-2006, 09:44 AM
I know they aren't the same, I was just offering a different target for some feedback. I say let's use the B-16 which has a 10-ring but not an X-ring. Mine is also labled "Official", most all of of them are labled "Official". I have no idea if that's a marketing ploy or not. Mine also say's "Official Competition" and has the NRA seal on the bottom right-hand corner. On the top right and left-hand corner's there is an NRA symbol. So why do some of these target's have an X-ring and other's only have a 10-ring?

I say we use the B-16 which is relatively easy to find; if one cannot find it then a trip to Walmart or any local gunshop will net you a 5.5" shoot-N-C that matches the scoring rings of the B-16 perfectly. I'd like to hear some feedback on B-16 and whether or not everyone is alright with this target.

BLB.

wills
09-18-2006, 10:49 AM
I won’t be shooting the match, but would suggest, since the gunloads site has downloadable targets, use one of those.

Bad luck Bill
09-18-2006, 11:36 AM
The targets really aren't suited for Bullseye shooting but thanks for the advice, would have been great if they had a few official targets. I'll scan my Official target or buy some new ones then make it available for downloading...How's that grab everyone?

BLB.

Bad luck Bill
09-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Edit...check out previous post please...

imashooter2
09-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Like I said before I stirred the pot... I have B-16 on the shelf. It works for me.

Bad luck Bill
09-18-2006, 04:18 PM
IAMASHOOTER2...No brother, I agree with you...I'd like to use B-16 also, makes sense to me anyway. Either you or I could scan our targets so the other people participating in this match will have the target. Get back to me tonight and we'll go from there.

BLB.

slughammer
09-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Better calibrate those printouts with the cooresponding values.

25 yard slowfire target B-16
(10 ring, 1.51")
(9 ring, 2.60")
(8 ring, 3.82")
(7 ring, 5.32")
(6 ring 7.22")
(5 ring, 9.66)

I guess folks could draw their own targets. Hopefully Carpetman doesn't get scratched up putting scoring rings on the cat.

Bad luck Bill
09-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Okay...this is simple. Just download this target and then shoot at it! Two targets, five shots on each target equaling a possible 100 points total. The target is actual size even though some of it has been cut off due to the size. It doesn't matter anyway because you'll have to, at the very least, hit within the bulls to even have a shot a winning (excuse the pun:mrgreen: ). So the official target for these three matches can be downloaded here:

Are there anymore questions that need to be addressed?

Edward429451
09-21-2006, 11:05 PM
My scanner bit the dust over a year ago...

What's my options? I do have a digi cam and could snap a pic of it...

Bad luck Bill
09-22-2006, 09:26 AM
That would work fine, just try to get the pic to represent the target as best you can. Good luck and good shooting. By the way, I figure this match, since it was started up past the middle of September, should be extended a bit in order to get a few more people involved. All targets should be emailed to greyswindir@comcast.net.

BLB.