PDA

View Full Version : TC "Hotshot" Mini Encore Youth Rifle

No_1
09-24-2010, 08:46 PM
TC is offering a "mini" Pro Hunter (Encore) in .22rf called the "Hotshot". According to their website it is 30" long with 11.5" LOP and comes with a 1" pad for extending the LOP, a peep sight system and also drilled/tapped for scope mount. It weighs 3 lbs. http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/youth_hot_shot.php

E. Author Brown is offering them in a limited edition version for about $239 and in the standard edition version for $199. http://www.eabco.com/store/products/TC_Hot_Shot_22LR_Youth_Rifle_Blue_w_Black_Stock-1928-53.html

Anyone touched, held, shot, disassembled one of these? I wonder if other barrels such as the 17HM2, 22 mag or 17HMR will be offered by TC or the aftermarket? Sure would be a light handy $199 walk around rifle.

R.

82nd airborne
09-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Its aluminum, which is why it is cheaper than a contender and only weighs 3.x pounds. Dealer price is a little lower than the above stated. However, most places dont have them in stock, but do have them listed. Ill be buying one when Sports South gets them in stock. Ill post its attributes then.

BerdanIII
10-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Aluminum frame....Nuts.
So much for a cheap .32 S&W Long, .25-20 or .32-20 "Bunny Gun".

Nice concept, though. How 'bout one with a Match chamber?

Combat Diver
10-08-2010, 01:08 AM
I'm still waiting on some good reviews as I'm thinking of a rifle for my grandson and granddaughters.

wallacem
10-08-2010, 10:15 AM
I bought one last week from Academy Sports in Macon Ga. Nice lettle gun, have not shot it yet, but TC claims they built it to shoot great. I bought the limited edition model with the brown stock for $199 plus tax. Wallacem in Ga

Doc Highwall
10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I picked one up and held it and I think it would make a nice first gun for a kid even if he is in his late 50's.:drinks:

Antietamgw
12-28-2010, 04:52 PM
I saw E. A. Brown has these on special for $125 - $135. I called last week and ordered a couple. Hopefully it will be a decent little rifle to start the youngest grandkids on. Anyone else had any experience with these since this thread started up?

redneckdan
12-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Aluminum frame....Nuts.
So much for a cheap .32 S&W Long, .25-20 or .32-20 "Bunny Gun".

Nice concept, though. How 'bout one with a Match chamber?

I'd have to see one in person first but I think one might be able to get away with boring and rechambering it to .32 S&W Biggest issue with the TC style single shots is stretching the frame. As long as the brass holds most of the force is contained within the barrel unit.

Was just thinking to myself that .22 K-hornet might be cool too. Wouldn't require a rebore.

TuckerFamilyEC
07-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEH555n_K6I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This rifle is fun and easy to shot.

leadman
07-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Wonder how it would work rechambered to the old 22WRF?

twotoescharlie
07-26-2011, 10:16 AM
have had one for about 3 months, was having a reaction from a statin, couldn't hold a pistol up. nice little rifle accurate, problems- R/S is unstable, held on with one screw, slight bump will knock it side to side, replaced with a red dot. light hammer strikes,lots of misfires, corrected that, OK now. mounted a sling on it. good little go to rifle, hardly know you're carrying it.

TTC

iveyclan4
10-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Just out today with our $219 BSA edition TC Hot Shot, After a box of 50 rounds and a few of 2 other brands we had over 25 misfires. Some would shoot after reload and twisting and some took 4 hits with no fire. All fired in different gun. I agree with the light hammer strike but think it also has too much head space (Shoulder is too deep). Hope I am using the right terminology. The brass from the ones that did fire had a bulge from about 5 to 7 o clock, with the firing pin striking at 12 o clock. How did you fix yours? I am calling TC on Monday about returning. Also not happy with sights. The front site was cocked to the left and I had to move the rear sight more than 1/8 " to get it to shoot straight. Rear sight also seem a little flimsy. Need a decent youth gun for my kids that are both left eye dominate and shooting lefty. Any recommends? Prefer wood and USA made. What a bummer day, also tried to sight in his new H&R 7mm 08 and it was all over, will be trying different ammo then scope in hopes it is not a bad gun.
:mad::violin: