PDA

View Full Version : How long do we have?

swheeler
09-15-2006, 06:37 PM
About the time our original thirteen states adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some
2,000 years earlier:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:

1. From bondage to spiritual faith;
2. From spiritual faith to great courage;
3. From courage to liberty;
4. From liberty to abundance;
5. From abundance to complacency;
6. From complacency to apathy;
7. From apathy to dependence;
8. From dependence back into bondage"

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the
2000 Presidential election:

Population of counties won by: Gore: 127 million; Bush: 143 million
Square miles of land won by: Gore: 580,000; Bush: 2,427,000
States won by: Gore: 19; Bush: 29
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Gore: 13.2; Bush: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals and they vote, then goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

Maven
09-15-2006, 08:00 PM
What a crock of s---t!!!

StarMetal
09-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Scott,

How true. I predict is sooner if the Demoncrats with in 2008. Some more bad news. Although he hasn't stepped out and said he's running for 2008, the experts said that to them it's very very apparant that he IS campaining, and that is Al Gore. The same groups rated Gore's popularity points among the Demoncrats as 46 and Hillary as 32. Hillary is very very angry about Al Gore. Also heard Kerry is going to take a crack at it.

Also these handcuffs put on interrogating terrorist prisons by McCain and Powell drives a few more nails into the United States coffin.

I'm all for surrendering to China or Russia now rather then they destroy our buildings, landscape, and kill off most the population, not to forget probably pollut our land with radiation from nukes. With the way things are rapidly changing we'll have a military that has it's hands tied so bad they couldn't win a battle with the Boy Scouts.

Joe

swheeler
09-16-2006, 01:04 AM
And in my short life experience, it always seems to be the nay-sayers, with their rose colored glasses equipped with blinders, that whine the loudest when what they were warned about happens.

Just the facts man, just the facts.

shooter2
09-16-2006, 06:39 AM
What a crock of s---t!!!

I disagree. I think the guy is pretty much on the money. That's surprising to me as Hamilne is a liberal college in a liberal state.

Early in the 20th century a French philosopher (sorry, name is forgotten) wondered why the United States was so successful. He came and toured extensively. His conclusion was that our strength came from the pulpit. We were a nation of Christians with strong faith and God on our side. Our morals and ethical standards were high.

We've been stepping away from that faith for years. No prayer in schools, no ten commandments posted in public places, abortion on demand... The list is long and grows.

Remember, God judges nations as well as individuals. He Left the Jews in 587 B.C. because they no longer worshipped him and had fallen into the trap of thinking they could do without Him. They did not get a homeland back until 1948 A.D. And, as long as we are apathetic and let the Hollywood elite rule our lives, our nation is in danger as well. The liberals are giving the country away and we're letting them. JMHO.

Maven
09-16-2006, 09:43 AM
That would be DeToqueville. However, I don't think complicated matters can be explained by single factors, less so when subjective ones are included.

RugerFan
09-16-2006, 10:27 AM
I'm all for surrendering to China or Russia now rather then they destroy our buildings, landscape, and kill off most the population, not to forget probably pollut our land with radiation from nukes. With the way things are rapidly changing we'll have a military that has it's hands tied so bad they couldn't win a battle with the Boy Scouts.

Joe

First of all, nukes are a deterrent weapon. China and Russia won't shoot them at us, because they know it means they're mutual destruction (In the case of a rogue nation with a nuke like N. Korea, all bets are off).

You're all for surrendering??? You've got to be kidding! I'll die an American before I learn to speak Chinese. I didn't defend this country for 20 years to give up now.

StarMetal
09-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Paul,

You keep thinking that when it all comes crashing down. Especially when your state harbors some of the worse politicians known to mankind, and you know who I'm talking about, especially the female one. I could say I can't perseive how NY could vote for her, but I will get statements back saying it's not NY as a whole, it's NYC where the votes comes from. Include the wonderful Chuckie in with her. Anyways this is alittle off track,NY isn't the only problem CA is too. We are losing alot of our rights and liberties at a fast rate. There are too many new idiotic laws made and the Supreme Court got it's evil little hands in saying what and what not the our military can do.

Joe