PDA

View Full Version : excited or not...

44fanatic
09-24-2010, 11:42 AM
About 4 months ago I cleaned up the indoor police range. Looked forward to it until I started filling the buckets, moving them around and loading them in the truck. That trip I pulled out 590lbs of scrap and about 400lbs of nice clean lead.
Back was aching for days.

I dont know why, but Im feeling excited about cleaning it up again next week.
Lesson learned, take more buckets, fill em half way up. Will be more trips to the truck but allot less back ache (I hope).

When I was talking to the range master the other day. He said they gave away 14 buckets a few months before I started working there. Said the guys GMC 1500 was doing a wheely leaving the parking lot.

clintsfolly
09-24-2010, 11:49 AM
2 wheel dolly cart $29.95 Lowes [smilie=s: make the job easy Clint

lwknight
09-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Use a 2 wheel dolly/truck.
Der!

Muddy Creek Sam
09-24-2010, 11:52 AM
When I was talking to the range master the other day. He said they gave away 14 buckets a few months before I started working there. Said the guys GMC 1500 was doing a wheely leaving the parking lot.

I would call that a wore out truck or very poor loading strategy, I routinely carry 1500# in my 1/2 ton Dodge. No wheelies.

More trips with lighter buckets is the only way to go.

Sam :D

runfiverun
09-25-2010, 12:37 AM
there was a time i could just pick up two buckets of ww's and carry them. then just lift them into the 4x4.
nowdays it's the dolly and half or so full.
you have a couple of handles rip outta the bucket while punching yourself in the face, while dribbling ww's down the front of you and a bucket mostly full of lead landing on your boots a time or two and the dog covering her ears while......
you get the idea.

crabo
09-25-2010, 01:03 AM
you have a couple of handles rip outta the bucket while punching yourself in the face, while dribbling ww's down the front of you and a bucket mostly full of lead landing on your boots a time or two and the dog covering her ears while......
you get the idea.

Been there, done that!

home in oz
09-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Take your time, light loads work best.

44fanatic
09-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Last time, lost 2 handles on the buckets...didnt punch myself or drop a bucket on my toes. Did do a nice windmill with the arms though.

Picked up a few more buckets. Gonna load them half full and use the dolly at work. One good note, there is an elevator to get up to the parking level.

a.squibload
09-29-2010, 04:49 AM
Get the 2-wheeler with the big tires, and keep 'em aired up.
Won't get caught in the cracks or stopped by tiny pebbles like the small hard ones.

Never carry buckets by the handles, carry 'em like a box, one hand underneath.
Bend those old aching knees or you'll soon have an old aching back!