PDA

View Full Version : LBT recommendation

AzShooter
09-23-2010, 12:53 AM
I've been thinking I needed a new mould for my .38 revolver shooting for USPSA and ICORE competition. If I had a 4 inch barrel I'd probably shoot IDPA as well.

I've been looking at what others are shooting. I've shot 158 - 160 grains bullets for about 30 years with good luck.

After reading Veral Smith's book last year I selected his mould for my .38 with .357 throats. I asked him to make me a 180 grain bullet with a round nose so I could use it with my speedloaders. The mould came back perfect. I've been able to get .75 inch groups at 25 yards.

Seeing how most of the guys shooting Bianchi are shooting 110 to 125 grain bullets for accuracy I asked Veral if I should buy another mould and what he would recomment. I also re read his book and saw where he recommends the heavier bullets for target shooting. Recoil is very light. With the 125s i already know recoil with be more intense.

Veral was nice enough to tell me I alread had a good mould and I should save my money on a new mould.

You can't beat and honest guy like that. When I do decide on another mould you can bet I'll be buying LBT.

Changeling
09-23-2010, 04:14 PM
When Vera Smith makes a recommendation directly to you, you can bet your going to get the correct answer!
He is actually the driving force behind todays cast bullets that everyone wants to use as anyone can see by the many commercial bullet makers that use HIS verbiage such as WFN, WLN, LFN, etc,!

So if it isn't a SWC design associated with Elmer Keith, than it's a design by Veral Smith that represents the majority of all projectiles made today!

MtGun44
09-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Buy a cheap two cav 358-158-RF from Lee. It is a LBT type and works extremely
well for me in light or full power loads in .357 mag. Very accurate.

Bill

crabo
09-23-2010, 06:28 PM
I like the Lee 125 rnfp for what you are describing.

bhn22
09-24-2010, 10:54 PM
BRB has a neat looking bullet that weights about 135 gr that I'm considering. It looks like it should work well with speedloaders, but has enough meplat to be effective outside of the game fields.