PDA

View Full Version : pressure test question

charger 1
09-15-2006, 05:38 AM
My daughter left me her ol laptop and its paining me to no end that I dont have one of these pressure testers hooked up to it. Have any of you fellas tried one?Is there one you can recommend to buy or to stay away from

scrapcan
09-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Charger1,

I thought the RSI Unit would be interestign to work with. But was pretty pricey from my limited hobby funds

http://www.shootingsoftware.com/pressure.htm

charger 1
09-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Ya looks nice but by the time a canuk like I owned that I'd be over 8 bills

scrapcan
09-19-2006, 05:01 PM
That was precisely what my mind said also, except for the canuk statement. I have reprints of articles from handloader for building a unit. It just seemed like more work to do when I could be shooting.

If interested I can try to dig up the articles and make you copies. There is a bit of electronics involved and the unit basically gives you a peak pressure instead of the curve. I think the curve is important for cast bullet concerns. But what do I know?

Maybe someone else will chime in.

charger 1
09-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Buiding one? Thats got my curiosity. Can you tell me a bit about it? Did it require a degree in physics/computers? kuduboy@sympatico.ca

scrapcan
09-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Chargar1,

I will dig out the articles. I actually talked the gentleman who wrote the articles. I just calle dhim up and he spent quite a bit of time just talking to me. If I can get the articles dug up I will try to convert them to pdf and fire them off to you.

The peak pressure device would not link to the pc as described in the articles, but all diagrams are there. Did not look like you would need an advanced engineering or physics degree to build (although I think the author had such). I fyou had an oscilloscope you might be able to do a pressure trace. I will dig up the articles and then I can give my little bit of knowledge.

Others probably have more knowledge to share. I just understand the basics of mechanics of materials and stress analysis, which is basically what is being measured by the instrument in the articles (also the RSI unit)

Jeremy

scrapcan
09-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Charger1

I fired off the PDF file a few minutes ago. If it doesn't come through let me know. I could put it out on the server and let you pick it up via ftp if all else fails.

Jeremy

BABore
09-22-2006, 09:54 AM
I do believe Ranch Dog has one. Dan, at Mnt. Molds, does as well. I've been looking into one for a while too.