PDA

View Full Version : No knead bread

fyremandoug
09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
So I found this on the Internet about 1 week ago and since then I have been a Baking fool I have made 12 loaves of bread in 5 days(last night I made Hazelnut cranberry bread), Waksupi said I should put it up here so here I go

you will need a high temp baking container with a lid like a cast iron pot or a Pyrex casserole

The recipe goes like this
3 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon yeast
1 and 1/4 teaspoon salt
mix the dry ingredients together
then add 1 and 1/2 cups water and stir
together until its all mixed well.
I use a large plastic bowl and a silicone spatula.
cover with plastic wrap and Let sit for 12-18 hours
(this is what builds the Gluten)
then after the wait time I preheat my oven to 500 Deg with my cast iron in the oven(I know Your saying ***) but the water in the bread at 500 deg will rise the bread. then I use flour and cornmeal to flour the loaf in the mixing bowl(this dough is STICKY and I hate getting it on my hands)
when it will roll around in the bowl and not stick I take it to the oven and roll it into the pot and cover it for 30 min. then uncovered for 5-8 min

here is a link to You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Ah9ES2yTU) that gave me the base for the loaf, you might find a way to do it differently good luck and may the force be with you

Old Goat Keeper
09-20-2010, 08:16 PM
I bet you could make that bread in camp using a dutch camp oven and wood coals.

Tom

waksupi
09-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Doug, thanks alot for posting this for us. I'll give it a try next week. I don't care what anyone says about you, you're a pretty good guy for being an old gray beard buckskinner! You and Sherri come visit sometime, I'll let you break some more of my furniture!

:drinks:

fyremandoug
09-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Tom that is my next project with this...at least that's what my wife says
and Carter....I just don't know about you. LOL

10 ga
09-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Sounds like the bread my aunt used to make when we were camping. I'm gonna try it. Damn, I miss her and mom! Thanks, 10