PDA

View Full Version : Mom's deer

obssd1958
09-16-2010, 04:32 PM
While I realize this is supposed to be about cast boolits for making meat, I promised Duke that I would put some pictures of my Mom's deer up here for all to see.
Mom is 70 years old, and I have been taking her hunting every year for the last 15 years or so. She likes going hunting during the archery season because it is easier on her when it is warmer. Due to injuries to her shoulder in a car accident years ago, she cannot draw a regular bow, and is given a handicap archer's permit that allows her to use a crossbow during the regular archery season.

These pictures are of the deer SHE shot the last 2 years! Both were taken at just under 40 yards.
By the way, she also does all of the processing once I have it gutted and skinned - no butcher shop for her!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=2689
Mom's 2009 mule deer doe

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=2688
Mom's 2010 mule deer fork horn

Take care!

Don

elk hunter
09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Congratulations to MOM.

My mother never fired a gun in her life, but my mother-in-law did, I don't know how many deer she shot, but do know it was a bunch. They're both gone and I sure do miss them. Treasure yours!!!

waksupi
09-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Good for her. Lots of women hunt around here. On opening weekend of archery season, my neighbor went hunting, and his wife stayed home for some reason. She went out in the late afternoon, and killed a nice five point rag horn bull with her bow. Husband came home with nothing, to an elk hanging in the meat shed!

outdoorfan
09-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Good'un for her (both of them)! Way to go!!

TCLouis
09-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Fantastic!

Congrats to ALL!

357maximum
09-17-2010, 01:22 AM
[smilie=p:Congratulations to your MOM :bigsmyl2:

Mom's that hunt it/kill it/ clean it/ cook it..............Simply ROCK[smilie=p:

My Mom is a killer too, ain't it just great? My Mom uses one of them old Ruger/Louisville Slugger 44 autos and does just fine with it....better than the ol man actually. At least I know who I get my "KILL" from.

Dean D.
09-17-2010, 01:55 AM
Way to go MOM! Good on you, her Son, for helping her continue to participate in a cherished activity.

BTW, Idaho born myself ;)

Just Duke
09-17-2010, 03:55 AM
Wow 70 years old that's amazing! And here I thought I was getting to old. Quite the inspiration she is. YOU GO MOM!!!!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
09-18-2010, 11:19 PM
WOW, 70 years old, WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gives me hope for a few more years as I'm just starting to hunt with cast boolits in my RUGER #1s - 45/70. Age 67.

Hope to put a critter in the ground this year with a big Ol'hunk of cast lead!

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot