PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Lyman

jlchucker
09-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Has anyone recently had trouble getting through to Lyman? Today I tried to email them, and their downloads never loaded--the green bar goes over part way and stops. It's not my computer, either--every other site I try to access works just fine. I managed to find their phone number and tried to call them. All you get is elevator music and the usual recorded message about waiting because everyone's busy. Well, I waited for half an hour, just to see how long I could put up with elevator music interrupted by the "wait" message. Half an hour is my limit. Are they still in business? How do you actually get through to them? I gave up, and contacted Midsouth for the item that I was trying to buy direct from Lyman. Fortunately they answer the phones there, and have what you need in stock. Evidently Lyman doesn't want to talk to, or hear from anyone these days.

09-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Just gave their web-site a try and it's working.

sagacious
09-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Works for me too. Lyman also has toll-free phone numbers. Good luck.

Wayne Smith
09-18-2010, 07:34 PM
It's usually cheaper to buy from Midway or MidSouth anyway. Several years ago my wife was going to order something from Lyman - she called them - they told her to order from MidSouth as it was cheaper there.

09-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Very true, but if you need a part only Lyman will have it.

jlchucker
09-20-2010, 09:03 AM
The day I was trying to contact them their website wouldn't load, and nobody was answering their phones. I did order from Midsouth and they shipped my barrel right away. It should be on my kitchen porch sometime this week, via UPS.

NoZombies
09-20-2010, 03:36 PM
I called lyman the other day, and after about 5 minutes on hold, got through and talked with the customer service girl. According to her telling of it, they're working 14 hour days there.

Rocky Raab
09-20-2010, 03:48 PM
On the off chance that you had the wrong web addy, here's a working one:

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/home/

Changeling
09-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Good luck. You bought Lyman, they don't want to talk to you again till you want to buy something else! Something broke, Lyman will sell you the part at list!

Someday people will understand why people buying RCBS keep going back over and over again.

jlchucker
09-26-2010, 11:13 AM
On the off chance that you had the wrong web addy, here's a working one:

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/home/

Rocky, the day I was wasting time trying to contact Lyman, I used that address, along with a few others. Same results. They've got some corporate problems down there, the way I see it. These days there are other, more reliable and better mold suppliers. As for the gun stuff, a good gunsmith can, for a price, make you up most parts for their caplocks. Either that, or truck the gun to a show, sell it to someone who wants it for whatever purpose, and get something else. I for one am pretty much done with Lyman, except maybe for its loading manuals when they are available in gun stores or from my chosen vendors.

tonyjones
10-03-2010, 12:34 PM
I emailed Lyman about a week ago with a dimension question concerning one of their furnaces. I got a reply in 2 or 3 days. That's not bad considering I sent the email on a Sunday.
Tony