PDA

View Full Version : The right place at the right time

chboats
09-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Just have to tell somebody about this!

Was out at the range on Monday. A shooter was asking me about shooting cast boolits. Said he started to get into casting about 25-30 years ago but never did. Ask me if I wanted some lead that he just wanted to get rid of. A caster NEVER turns down lead. Went to his place and he started hauling out 5 gal buckets of wheel weights, three of them. Then he brings out a 12lb spool of wire solder. I ask him what he wanted for the stuff but he didn't want anything for it, just wanted to get rid of it.

He has had the WWs for over 25 years so I don't think I have to worry about zink

Carl

Typecaster
09-15-2010, 01:39 PM
So did you ask about those old moulds that have just been sitting around? After all, you're happy to help, right?

Richard

chboats
09-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Almost didn't take the lead because he didn't have any molds to make boolits out of it with. But being the helpful type I agreed to haul off the lead.

carl

Albertapete
09-16-2010, 08:49 PM
You are a credit to the casting world helping out a fellow shooter like that , I can only hope that given the opportunity , I will act in the same way![smilie=l:

Bill*
09-16-2010, 09:02 PM
I might even help him put them in my car