PDA

View Full Version : lee!!!!

skimmerhead
09-14-2010, 11:03 PM
i'm angry at lee precision and whoever came up with the idea of a bulge buster kit. i tryed it out on some .40 brass that had bulges thinking i would spend a little time in the barn with ole blue laying next to me, but instead i went through 400 cases in 30 minutes, and no bulges, now i'm angry because i have to stuff em with powder and lead, thats just too fast and too easy.

skimmerhead :arrow: :cbpour:

fryboy
09-14-2010, 11:23 PM
eh u'll get over it :kidding:

( poor blue )

Hardcast416taylor
09-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Wasn`t `ole Blue feeding cases to you and moving finished ones away from you?[smilie=1:Robert

AR15-SBR
09-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Hardcast416taylor Tisk..Tisk, that is just wrong......Funny, but wrong.:mrgreen:

skimmerhead, This is good to hear, I was just thinking about getting one for my 10mm stuff.

AR15-SBR

dunkel
09-24-2010, 12:33 AM
That is pretty horrible.

Perhaps I should rethink getting into reloading, because I'd hate to have to deal with that kind of frustration.

skimmerhead
09-24-2010, 02:57 AM
Wasn`t `ole Blue feeding cases to you and moving finished ones away from you?[smilie=1:Robert

ole blue's job is too guard against me being abducted by aliens, he's blind but he can smell em from a mile away!

skimmerhead:mrgreen:

skimmerhead
09-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Hardcast416taylor Tisk..Tisk, that is just wrong......Funny, but wrong.:mrgreen:

skimmerhead, This is good to hear, I was just thinking about getting one for my 10mm stuff.

AR15-SBR

it worked better than i expected, you could not tell there ever was a bulge.

skimmerhead

Lonerider
09-24-2010, 01:19 PM
If I understanding right, the Lee gizmo will resize the brass, so it wont have a bulge in the case. Is it really squishing or resizing the bullet inside the case instead? I am little confuse here and would like some one to explain the process for me.

I will be using it for .45 acp.

I would hate to correctly cast the size boolit for my gun, only to have it reduce in diameter, in the flattening out, smooth out, or squishing process of the case back to normal size.

Incquiring minds would like to know.

Lonerider

Moonie
09-24-2010, 03:45 PM
The bulge buster is for removing the "glock bulge" in empty cases.

7of7
09-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Keep in mind, it is used with the carbide crimp die...
I have them in both the 40, and 45.. some of my 45 were sized down a bit... Most of the 40 was,... I ended up getting the adapter barrels for them so I don't have to switch it between the two...
As for using the crimp die for its intended purpose, probably end up just a s a failsafe to make sure that they will all be the correct size after loading... you know how you can get the bullet bulge in some brass....
great idea...

noylj
09-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Can you run the cases through case head first? Do you have to lube the cases and how hard is it to push the case head through?
I would think that if you run the case mouth in first that the bulge will "ride" back until it hits the web of the case and you will get a raised "line" of brass. It just seems like you would want to "iron-out" the case from the head to the mouth...