PDA

View Full Version : ljongman cb load

muzzleblastm38
09-13-2010, 08:44 PM
looking for a cast load for the ljongman with the cruise missile that work the cycle.:Fire:

Dutchman
09-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Ljungman = Youngman. (Jong = young in Dutch)

I haven't done it so I probably shouldn't speculate but... The length of the cruise missile itself and the feeding dynamics of the Ljungman will probably not be conductive to the accuracy potential of the rifle. The potential for the cruise missile bullet to be knocked out of alignment of the case neck would be a problem, I would think. I'll be interested in seeing if anyone has done this with satisfaction.

Plus, being a direct gas impingement you're going to have to experiment with powders until you get reliable function, if you can. It'll take a pretty healthy dose of powder to get reliable function.

The Swedish military m/41 sharpshooter cartridge wasn't even 100% compatible with the Ljungman because the burn rate of the powder was too slow necessitating the use of oiling of the cartridge body to facilitate extraction. Ripping the cartridge rim open, especially in warm climates, is the main malfunction of this rifle using the m/41 cartridge. Far as I know this wasn't a problem using the older m/94 cartridge with the 156 gr round nose bullet. The Ljungman has a two-setting rear sight for using both the m/41 and m/94 cartridges.

I'll be curious if anyone has had success with the Ag42b using cast bullets.

Dutch

Buckshot
09-15-2010, 02:36 AM
..............I have a Ag42B and it shoots cast as accurately as the bolt actions. I don't think you'd be satisfied shooting cast in it with loads sufficient to fully cycle it. I've altered the gas block on the barrel with a regulator and have it set to simply unlock the action. I then manually operate it. Saves wear and tear on the brass, and allows me to hit the target :-) However the pursuit of cast and fully cycling the action is a worthy endeavor. I'd sure be interested in hearing about it.

.............Buckshot

muzzleblastm38
09-15-2010, 06:44 PM
thank's you guy,s .