PDA

View Full Version : ww cooker

Albertapete
09-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Thought you folks might like to see my lead cooker I made up today . I was able to fit a brim full 5 gal pail of ww in and poured about 125 lbs of muffins by the time I finished , That gives me a stash of 365 lbs of ww lead and 75 lbs of stickons yet to be melted.I have been reading and learning about this hobby on here for a few weeks now and it is a great forum , very informative. my intention is to begin casting for my 45-70 as soon as I get my mold . In the mean time I will keep looking for and stocking up on what lead I can find. So far it has cost me nothing for ww but very few places are giving them up for no charge.25343

I used the top of the tank as a place to build a charcoal/wood fire in hopes that it would be sufficient heat but in the end I had to put the propane tiger torch under the bowl to get things cooking

sagacious
09-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Looks good! You need to build a sturdy storage area for your ingots.

a.squibload
09-13-2010, 04:44 AM
Looks good!
Did you weld the legs to the pot? I've been trying to think up a stand to put the pot on, and hang a burner under.
Figure I might need to turn the pot over to dump out the last bit of lead.
Haven't cut my tank yet, one of these days...

jmsj
09-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Albertapete,
First off welcome to the site.
good job on your smelter.

Albertapete
09-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Looks good!
Did you weld the legs to the pot? I've been trying to think up a stand to put the pot on, and hang a burner under.
Figure I might need to turn the pot over to dump out the last bit of lead.
Haven't cut my tank yet, one of these days...

The legs are 1 1/4 sq tubing welded on, I just cut em square at 20 " and fit em tight to the ring on the tank . The bevel on the tank gave the perfect angle.

Albertapete
09-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks all , I know I need better storage for the lead but that will have to do for now till I get time to change it up:-)

lylejb
09-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Thanks all , I know I need better storage for the lead but that will have to do for now till I get time to change it up:-)

At least a 5 gal bucket, sitting on the floor, won't break down and spill.

Be warned, pick your location carefully, you wont pick it up once it's full of ingots.;)