PDA

View Full Version : Good Recipes

Arisaka99
09-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Anybody got some good venison and squirrel recipes? I like bbqish stuff, but i'll eat about anything you put in front of me. Just some nice recipes I could make for the women folk and me.

Smoke-um if you got-um
11-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Deer Neck Barbecue

In about an inch of water place neck and add 2 medium onions halved,1/4 teaspoon Tyme spice. Salt and pepper generously. Cover crock pot and slow cook neck until meat falls off bone.(approx.12 hrs.)
Sautee 3/4 cup of green peppers in two tbs butter until tender in a big skillet, add two medium fine chopped onions and stir. Sautee until onions are golden color.
Add 1/4 teaspoon paprika for a little color and stir
Strip meat off neck add to skillet
Add one bottle of barbecue sauce(K.C. Masterpiece is my favorite)
and stir briefly.
Add 2 tbs of white vinegar and 2 tbs of brown sugar and stir well.
If you like it a little hot add tabasco to suit your taste if not it is excellent as is.
Cover and simmer about 30 minutes
I suggest you serve yourself a generous portion first as when everybody else gets a taste it won't last long ................

Old Goat Keeper
11-22-2010, 10:44 PM
MAN that sounds good Smokem! I gonna hafta try that IF I get me a deer next week.

Tom

Smoke-um if you got-um
11-23-2010, 02:10 PM
If I remember correctly, I got that recipe from a man in Leetown, WV about 25 yrs ago. I was attending a rifle benchrest competition and they had some of this in the clubhouse. It was the best barbecue I had ever tasted. I was surprised when he told me it was made from deer necks. Up to that time my deer necks had gone to the buzzards, after that the buzzards around here never got another one. My wife has substituted beef and pork roasts and it was almost as good but the venison is truly better.