PDA

View Full Version : Lee auto disc pro and unique?

buck1
09-11-2010, 09:27 PM
6-9 gr range. Any one done any loading with this combo? Any issues?
Thanks Guys...Buck :confused:

Heavy lead
09-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Dropped tons of loads at around 8.5 grains for years in one, if I recall correctly the 1.09cc cavity was right close to this, also lots of 10 grain loads using the 1.26cc cavity. Never had any problems. Disclaimer: always weigh the charges to check them, not just once either.

CiDirkona
09-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Are you using the Adjustable Charge Bar? I've noticed that with Unique, under 7.2 grains or so that I get very inconsistent charges -- but this doesn't happen with the disks. I'm thinking that the larger granule size of the powder doesn't fill into the corners of the football-shaped cavity of the adjustable charge bar at those smaller charges. I had the same issue with LongShot. I don't have this issues at all with smaller granules such as Power Pistol, HP38, and Titegroup.

Frozone
09-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Best thing I've done with the LEE pro disk is epoxy a small 'vibrator' motor I stole out of a game controller to the bottom of the body. A common Nokia cellphone charger provides the power.
This causes just enough shaking that the charges are Very consistent even with the larger flake powders. Just don't wander off and let it run!!!!!!

buck1
09-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks guys. I want to get a new set up and wanted to check it out first.
Can this measure be used on a -non- lee press??

fryboy
09-11-2010, 11:47 PM
yes but it takes a lee expanding die to do so ( i love them - have 4-6 of'em )

buck1
09-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Great help guys!! Thanks a million!!

geargnasher
09-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Now that vibrator is a GREAT idea, I noticed that Unique always measures more consistently when using the Lee Turret press and my custom, 6" riser where the measure gets rattled around through three stations before dumping the next charge. On the progressives I only use finer flake powders due to measuring inconsistencies.

Gear