PDA

View Full Version : Does any make 7.62x25 mold

jtwodogs
09-11-2010, 10:28 AM
The reason I posted the x25 part is that it would have to be on the light side around 90 gr. or so, and while I am wishing a GC design would be nice since they would be pushed in the neighberhood of 1400 fps, my thinking was that it would reduce the leading with a GC at the speed.
What are your thoughts.
Thanks

Artful
09-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I have not tried it but am looking at using the heavier 130 grain sp from NOE goup buy for the 7.62x39 in the 7.62x25 - but right now surplus is so cheap I can't be bothered for as little as I use my CZ52 - Lyman made the 311419 88 grain gas checked design if you can find on on evilbay it will do what you want.

http://www.castpics.net/IdealandLymanMolds.pdf

http://lutz-moeller-jagd.de/English/7,63_Mauser.html

Wayne Smith
09-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Probably the most available right now is the Lee soupcan. It's a little heavier than you are asking for, but should work well.

9.3X62AL
09-11-2010, 12:38 PM
For a plain-base design that shoots & feeds well, try the Lee 100 grain RN. Seat the boolit with the case mouth centered over the drive band between the lube grooves, and roll crimp the case mouth right into the boolit sidewall lightly. It will hold things together during cycling. That little bitty neck can be a real bee-otch.......get strenuous with roll-crimp, and the neck walls bow away from the boolit sidewall. Too little crimp, and boolits don't hold. Starline cases are a LOT more tractable in this respect.

For all that, the caliber can be quite accurate. My Tokarev and CZ pistols are tackdrivers, and whack small varmints very well. The Broomhandle gets a lot of looks and peppery comments from my hunting partners--"Hey, Al borrowed the Dragon Lady's pistol again. They must be back together." They're heathens.

jtwodogs
09-11-2010, 01:03 PM
For a plain-base design that shoots & feeds well, try the Lee 100 grain RN. Seat the boolit with the case mouth centered over the drive band between the lube grooves, and roll crimp the case mouth right into the boolit sidewall lightly. It will hold things together during cycling. That little bitty neck can be a real bee-otch.......get strenuous with roll-crimp, and the neck walls bow away from the boolit sidewall. Too little crimp, and boolits don't hold. Starline cases are a LOT more tractable in this respect.

For all that, the caliber can be quite accurate. My Tokarev and CZ pistols are tackdrivers, and whack small varmints very well. The Broomhandle gets a lot of looks and peppery comments from my hunting partners--"Hey, Al borrowed the Dragon Lady's pistol again. They must be back together." They're heathens.

Thanks guys for all the info. humorus and insightful.
My Tok gets a lot of high browed looks too. But like my mama said"Pretty is, as pretty does" she will shoot with the high dooller pistols.