PDA

View Full Version : It followed me home

LAH
09-08-2006, 09:53 PM
I couldn't turn it down. Didn't need it but had to have it.........Creeker

calaverasslim
09-09-2006, 07:09 AM
OH!!! That's nasty. Dirty, you can't keep it. Shame on you for letting it foller you home. You just have to get rid of that, rite now. If you wud like, I can pm you my mailing address to ship it to, just so you can make your karma jist right.

LAH
09-09-2006, 09:48 AM
I have this RCBS JR 3, a RockChucker, a big Lyman C Press, a SparT, Lyman All American Turret, a Dillon SDB, 2 ea. 450's, and a 1050. All my loading stuff is still packed so I may have missed a couple. The presses are about to out number the firearms. HEE HEE

Jack Stanley
09-09-2006, 09:57 PM
If the presses outnumber the rifles , then it's time to buy more rifles .

Jack[smilie=1:

LAH
09-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Nice thought Jack.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
09-11-2006, 10:21 AM
You need to add more calibers. So buy some dies for a caliber you don't have, but think you might like, then find a suitable rifle/pistol to shoot the reloads in. You can also do this by buying the magazines so you have to buy the rifle.

kodiak1
09-11-2006, 08:07 PM
LAH The dies are interchangable with the presses don't need a press for each set of dies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ken

Buckshot
09-11-2006, 08:52 PM
LAH The dies are interchangable with the presses don't need a press for each set of dies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ken

................HOLY SMOKE!!!!!!!! Why didn't someone tell me sooner!!!!!!!!!! [smilie=w:

................Buckshot

StarMetal
09-11-2006, 08:58 PM
That RCBS Jr was the very first press that I bought brand new. I wore it out and RCBS gave me a new one. Darn good press. Just about like the Rockchucker except without the compound linkage and removed die threads.

Joe

LAH
09-12-2006, 07:32 AM
I thought when you bought a sizing die the press came with it. HEE HEE

shootingbuff
10-10-2006, 04:42 PM
I couldn't turn it down. Didn't need it but had to have it.........Creeker

Yep I did the same thing with two jrs a few months back. They were in worse shap but cleaned up well. Of course I didn't order new parts or paint the darn things. After all they aint the wife!

They work great and I put my boys to work on them. I just this past wkend picked up a like new partner. I gotta stay out of the for sale section in the paper. I did pick up about 300.00 worth of equipment (Ifigure used price) for 150. I should have haggled but I was happy and not overly greedy :mrgreen: Almost all like new.

Now my bud who lives about 40 miles away did not make it to the last match so I didn't give him one of the jrs. I will though, and it will pain me to part with a working press I could put a uni decapper in or a uni expander etc. on it and just leave it in. I am soooooooo lazy these days :-D :drinks:

My org RC was sold to a buddy when I joined the military and it is still fresh as new. Of course the reloading went down when I left but on the avg of 500 rounds a week for a couple of yrs adds up. That was back in 77 or 78. RCBS makes a good-un. Even these Jrs are aging well and from what I know of the gent I got them from they were used ALOT.

sb

jballs918
10-10-2006, 04:47 PM
after refinishing mine ithink it will amke a great heavy press for what i got planned for it

georgeld
10-11-2006, 02:37 AM
LAH:
That's clean and pretty compared to the RL450 I bought on A/R a few months back and it cleaned up real nice too.

At first I had doubts about the ram as it was badly rusted, but, polished up slick without any pits at all.

Sounds much like an old buddy and his new Caddies. About once a month he'd show up with a new car. Finally another driver told him to press that little lever on the ashtray and pull it out that he could empty it instead of getting a new car everytime it got full.

Wish you well,

LAH
10-11-2006, 11:19 AM
The 1st 450 I bought was fairly clean. It came with a broken powder reservoir but also came with a new replacement part.