PDA

View Full Version : Other than Lee ALOX ?

The Cod Father
09-08-2006, 08:57 PM
I have done a couple different searches here but have been unable to find the answers I want .

I remember reading a thread awhile back about one of the members finding a wire streaching fluid that was the same as ALOX but bought by the quart at one of the big Chain Hardware stores for considerably less.

If anyone remembers what it is and where it was would you please let me know . I guess I should find out if it is available in Canada as well ?

Thanks

TCF

kodiak1
09-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Cod Father You must have an electritian in your are go see him and he will show it to you and let you feel it. It is available in Canada there is a couple of different names, I can't remember them.
I think the last time I asked my pal he said it was about $9.00 a liter here in Canukastan.
Ken.:castmine:

MT Gianni
09-08-2006, 09:37 PM
I believe it was similar to Lee case lube not bullet lube. Make sure it is what you want before you buy some. i recall the uses being for case lube but I have crs disease. Gianni.

RayinNH
09-08-2006, 09:58 PM
TCF, it's called "Wire-Aide" by Gardner Bender. As Gianni said, it was an alternative for case lubing, not boolit lubing...Ray

The Cod Father
09-09-2006, 12:46 AM
Well I'm glad we got straightened out before I went ahead and reloaded a bunch of ammo for the upcoming provincials. That would have just made my whole day .

Thanks everyone , I knew there was a reason to check with you guys .

TCF

tom barthel
09-13-2006, 01:15 PM
I seem to remimber something like that. I think some fellow commented about something to spray or paint on battery terminals smelling and feeling just like LLA. I think he was going to try it as a bullet lube. I also suffer from CRS.I don't shoot that much anymore and have enough LLA to last me a while so, I didn't bother to note it.