PDA

View Full Version : World Smooth Bore Championship, 2010

waksupi
09-06-2010, 01:40 AM
We got weathered out this year, so ended things a day early. We certainly missed Ruger1965 and his wife and son being here!
This is a strictly primitive shoot, with flintlock and earlier ignition systems only allowed.
We had many situations for shooting. We did mostly offhand, with some any position shoots thrown in. On one stage, you had to shoot your firearm upside down to hit a target. There was also a sawed off blanket gun stage, along with the hand gonne (Chinese hand cannon) to try out. Smooth bore pistol was included, along with trap shooting. We had planned on adding in a blunderbus and snaphaunce this year, but my vehicle break down made it impossible for me to pick up these particular firearms. We also shot moving targets with round ball, Robbin being the star here, and I happened to luck out on a target. The targets were pieces of wood 3/4" X 3/4" X 1 1/2' swinging on a string activated fulcrum at about five yards.
New World Champion is Jack Simms. He over took the competition in the trap shooting, with his experience in International Clays. So, along with his national quick draw records, he adds another notch to his belt!

Mk42gunner
09-06-2010, 03:57 AM
Looks like you guys had fun. One of these years I am gonig to have to get a trade gun, I shot a friends a few times and was pleasantly suprised with the accuracy of a patched round ball froma smooth bore.

Robert

Charlie, AKA The Deacon
09-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Looks like we missed the fun!!! thanks for the pics.

Old Goat Keeper
09-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Waksupi where bout be this vous? Would a broke down ol' goat be welcome?

Tom who is also Known in rendezvous circles as Jakey

waksupi
09-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Waksupi where bout be this vous? Would a broke down ol' goat be welcome?

Tom who is also Known in rendezvous circles as Jakey

This is held at a "secret" location here in north west Montana, to keep away any heathens that may try to drag in them cap lock things with scratches in the barrels, and even worse, RV's! Absolutely forbidden!
Cowboy hats are immediately confiscated, shot, and burned.
Dates can vary, depending on if other events conflict.
You would be welcome. This is the only strictly primitive shoot in this area, and as you can see, we use a variety of firearms.