PDA

View Full Version : Last one to go.......

2Tite
09-04-2010, 06:41 PM
I thought this as good a place as any for this.......If you had to narrow it down....which rifle would be the last one to go and why? I can only narrow down to 2. My Mossberg 22 that was a Christmas gift from my Dad and a Marlin 30-30 that was a 16th birthday present from my Papaw. I can't decide between them although the Mossberg has sure seen a lot of good times. Maybe that's it, the Mossberg. Sure has been a good ride.................

mike in co
09-04-2010, 07:29 PM
why would it go....

missionary5155
09-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Greetings
I do not have any sentimental rifles to deal with so only that final "practicle" all purpose rifle.
I think the day will come when some will have to walk out or fight with one rifle...
So I will be sure it is my M1A. Plenty accurate, durable, plenty of power .. ammo everywhere. With it I will be able to deal with any situation out to end of vision.
Here in Peru I have a bolt CZ 308 with a set trigger... all the reasons above.

emorris
09-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Why would you get rid of either. I learned a long time ago not to trade or sell guns because it will always be the one you wished you had. I Have guns that I would never dream of selling and one that I sold and bought back. Most of My guns have some sentimental value attached to them. First My remington 870 wingmaster LW 20 ga. Was given to me by my grandmother and was my first gun. Next My winchester ranger 30-30, it belonged to my late cousin. Next My ruger p95 my first handgun. Next my mossberg atr 270, took my first deer with it. I actually sold it a few years ago and had to hound the person I sold it to to buy it back for my 3yr old son. Maybe he will use it to take his first deer. You always need guns that only serve the purposes of weighing down you gun safe and to reflect back to when times were simpler and made a lot more sence

snowwolfe
09-06-2010, 02:25 AM
Guns come and go. I dont hold any emotional attachments to any of them. Just a tool to use until another one comes along.
But a .223 and a .22 will always be in my safe as you can always find ammo for either.

RKJ
09-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Probably the M70 .243 that I got from a buddy I worked with back in 1992. It was a great price and while I didn't have any grand-kids at the time I do now and my oldest grandson knows it's his and has claimed it (he's only 2 1/2 so he's got a few years yet) :) . But unless things get so really bad I don't intend to get rid of any.

txpete
09-06-2010, 05:01 PM
it will never happen :lol:...