PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 94 Trapper value??

MakeMineA10mm
09-04-2010, 11:00 AM
I got a Win 94 Trapper in 44 Mag in a trade. It's a USRAC-era (pre-FN, but fairly new) and it has a saddle ring on the left side (maybe they all did, but I wasn't sure). I've rather always been a Marlin-guy, and the way this thing feeds and cycles (it's normal Winnie, but I'm spoiled on the smoothness of the Marlins), just doesn't fit me well.

I know that when FN closed down the old Winchester plant, and there was all the buzz and groaning about "no more Winchesters," prices of some stuff sky-rocketted, and some stuff (that FN was trying to divest itself of) went on sale. Then, FN started making "new" Winchesters at it's plant in the Carolinas.

What I'm getting at is, I'm not a Winchester collector or buff, so I don't watch the prices that close, and I know that certain events drive the market (artificially, IMO) up and down. So, what is a 16" USRAC 94 Trapper 44 Magnum in excellent condition worth these days?

Depending on the answer to that, I'd like to work out some sort of trade, or at least have a fair sale value to work off of.

missionary5155
09-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Greetings
If-en I was up there in Danville right now I would clinb on my old 1971 BMW and scoot over and have a look at that Trapper.
Head over to Gunbroker, type in Traper and see what people are willing to pay for one..
Thatīs what I do when I want an idea of real market value.

MakeMineA10mm
09-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Next time you're back in the states, you need to do just that. We can go a-shooting and have a good ol' time!

mrc
09-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Last gun show I went to there was one for 500. that looked to be in excellent shape.

MakeMineA10mm
09-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks, mrc!

softpoint
09-05-2010, 07:10 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/Texas-Fred/005.jpgI'm watching this with interest, too, as I have a Packer model in .44Magnum that I'm not sure if I want to keep or get something else in it's place. Not sure what it is worth, either though.:lovebooli