PDA

View Full Version : Unfamiliar territory

fatnhappy
09-04-2010, 10:47 AM
For the first time in years I'm not waiting for any group buy moulds.

Do I actually have enough moulds?

I feel strange.....................

44fanatic
09-04-2010, 12:20 PM
I can help you with that. Have any molds you want to get rid of cheap...I mean give me.

Dennis Eugene
09-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Well Dean it's like this, most of us do actually have enough molds, but soon enough another one will pop up that you want and once again it'll be off to the races. In the mean time stop, catch your breath and save your money. Honestly I'm afraid it'll never end. Dennis P.S. Then again I'm afraid it may end.

Blammer
09-04-2010, 01:10 PM
so, what are you looking for that is NOT on the GB list as of yet? :)

HeavyMetal
09-04-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't have enough molds......I just don't have enough money....

obssd1958
09-04-2010, 01:55 PM

What he said...

:(

09-04-2010, 02:08 PM
What he said...

:(

yup I need more $$$.....

kbstenberg
09-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Blammer a 432dia. Wadcutter would be fine. The wife would like a little more time between moulds though.
As to saving up. There is allways something you are saving for but so much other stuff comes up I CAN"T SAVEA DIME!!!!!!!!!
Kevin

1Shirt
09-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Is there such a thing as enough molds?
1Shirt!:coffee:

Echo
09-04-2010, 11:45 PM
yup i need more $$$.....

+1 - :-(

Bret4207
09-05-2010, 07:27 AM

Me too. I don't even look at the GB's or Swappin and Sellin anymore.

Buckshot
09-06-2010, 01:50 AM
For the first time in years I'm not waiting for any group buy moulds.

Do I actually have enough moulds?

I feel strange.....................

..............I can tell ya how to get over it if ya wanna? :-)

..............Buckshot

casterofboolits
09-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Too many moulds? Seems that way sometimes.

I used to cast and sell pistol boolits to other shooters and have over a hundred moulds. H&G, Saeco, Lyman.

Problem is maintaining the moulds. We've had a really hot and humid summer here in Ohio. Surface rust has developed on a bunch of the moulds I don't use on a regular basis and I am in the process of cleaning about $2,000.00 worth of moulds. :groner: Just finished eleven iron and ten aluminum moulds with another eight iron moulds sitting on the table in front of me. 4O steel wool wrapped around a chop stick takes care of all but the worst rust. A little fine valve grinding compound on the end of a shaped chop stick cleans the sharp cornors. Once cleaned, I apply a thin coat of Birchwood Casey Sheath to protect the moulds. I don't use the steel wool on aluminum moulds, just comet and a tooth brush. Then scrub with a tooth brush and a diluted solution of Dawn to remove the comet residue.

To help prevent this in the future, I'm planing on using a surplus kitchen cabinet in my reloading room with a Goldenrod in it.

So, if you have a bunch of moulds, be sure to protect them. :-(

nighthunter
09-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Dean ... If it really bothers you to not be on a mold in waiting list perhaps you should attend Casters Anonymous. When they tell you that it is all or nothing for you I want you to remember that you have my address to send me your molds so that you do not live in temptation. I would do that for you.