PDA

View Full Version : Casting artist & 32 long supplier

patbig
09-08-2006, 05:35 AM
I finally solved my 32 Long problem thanks to Mario, a guy I encountered on a BP forum in France. He makes his own custom bullets, brass and even dies for obsolete calibers! He is going to make me a batch of 32 Long, I am waiting for a first dozen soon to try them out and refine the specs before he goes mass production. Look at what he has made to load his 1873 "tabatière" army rifle:
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0002x23nj.jpg
Impressive isn't it? I don't know the caliber but it looks huge. Thanks all for your advice,
Pat

Buckshot
09-08-2006, 11:26 AM
...........The Tabatière is a variation of the Snider. Lots if not most of them used a bronze action. I'm sure the number '10' shown on those wads indicate a 10 ga wad. Most Tabatière's found now had their barrels reamed for shotgun use in Africa. However if your friend's is still rifled it'd be up around .69 to .72 cal :-)

If your friend has other photo's of things he's made, or photo's of stuff in the process of being made it'd be great to have them posted here. I'm sure there'd be lots of interest in seeing them. I know I would!

...............Buckshot

patbig
09-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Mario says he's got two Tabatière, one British 1871 tower caliber .58 and a French one caliber about .71 . Both have rifled barrels. He's been shooting the French one and says he has very good groupings at 100 meters - I don't know how good - he is going to try 200 and 300 meters soon. I just talked to him and he's going to send me a few pictures.
Pat