PDA

View Full Version : Homemade mold warmer

whitetailsniper
09-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Ive been asked by fellow members to share my homemade mold warmer.
I made this about 6yrs ago now,and they work like a charm. As i never thought it was that much of a big deal,other members have shown interest in this design,and wanted me to share it. All i did was go to your local home depot,or lowes,,ace hardware will also have,,get yourself a metal electrical gang box 4x4x4x4x2=3.00 , then get 2 blank metal covers=1.29 each , for the same box,these will be ,1 to be a lid cover,the other to
be mounted on bottom of box to restrictdirect contact with the bottom of box,and direct contact with your burner/warming plate. On the center of the 2 inch side of the box,cut yourself out the witdh you need to accept your mold. Careful not to cut to wide,or youll loose your built up heat stored inside. I then drilled a 1/4 in hole to allow for a bbq thermomitor=4.99 then i bought 2stanely metal small hindges,pack of 2 =1.09. I screwed the 2 small hindges to the metal blank cover,then set on the electrical box,lined it up and screwed the other side of the hindges to the square box(so it peforms as a openable lid) i then installed my bbq thrmomitor in the 1/4 hole drilled.then added a wooden handle to open/close the box. This style box will work for single ,or double cavity molds with there handles on,keeping them nice and toasty,and to desired temp.for inbetween casting,or getting things to pourable temps. I made myself 2 of these,and work very well. If youd like pics of the design,,pm me.

daboone
09-04-2010, 02:25 AM
Photos, Please!

deltaenterprizes
09-04-2010, 06:01 AM
4x4x4x4x2 ?

smokemjoe
09-04-2010, 09:27 AM
please send me a pic. Thanks- Joe

Hardcast416taylor
09-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Deltaenterprises. That is how we people here in Michigan measure things. "A measure of the 4th dimension" as Rod Serling would say.Robert:bigsmyl2:

whitetailsniper
09-04-2010, 07:08 PM
hi guys,,just finished taking the photos,,im working on getting them on here as we speak,they will be on asap. im working it-lol

whitetailsniper
09-04-2010, 07:36 PM
ok guys ,,whats the trick here to upload the pics?

whitetailsniper
09-04-2010, 07:50 PM
here are some pics of the mold warmer i made

whitetailsniper
09-04-2010, 07:54 PM
heres a few more pics of warmer,and my setup

whitetailsniper
09-04-2010, 09:00 PM
:kidding:in case any one of you were looking ,,my lamp was a major award,and is imported from fragilely-lol- had to keep it on my casting /reloading room,as i know wifey will break it----roflmao

blikseme300
09-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Looks good. I like the idea of the thermometers. Nothing better than to be able to determine consistency during casting.

Bliksem

whitetailsniper
09-04-2010, 09:18 PM
whenthe temp reads 500 im ready to rock,and get keepers right off the get go. i also have my warming plate marked for that temp. on dial. this system works great when wanting to do multiple molds. i think i could of made my cut outs a tad smaller,,but as for it loosing heat,,i dont seem to notice any lose

Lucky Joe
09-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Nice idea and you look pretty darn organized. Thanks for posting the pictures.

whitetailsniper
09-05-2010, 12:20 AM
When i started ,i started casting,and reloading the same time,ohhh about going on 9 yrs now,and learn somthing new everyday,thanks to sites like this,and fellas like you. I was tired of spending wads of cash to shoot my toys,so when ammo hit 30.00 a box, that was the last straw,allthough wifey had puppys when i started to aquire what i needed,she like yours said,,hell with all the cash your spending,wouldnt it be cheaper to buy it? I told her its going to get worse before it gets better-lol-lol if you like what you see,,you should see under my bench with the locks on it-lol-lol wifey would drop bricks-lol-lol 4 shelfs are full of powders,, 2 shelfs full of dies,1 shelf loaded with primers,and base of cabinet 3/4 is full of ready made ammo for all my toys,the other is more reloading gear,and factory bullets.like i said--big bricks!!!!-lol-lol

Catshooter
09-12-2010, 01:50 PM
:kidding:in case any one of you were looking ,,my lamp was a major award,and is imported from fragilely-lol- had to keep it on my casting /reloading room,as i know wifey will break it----roflmao

Man, I just knew that was a major award!! Where did you get it? I gotta have me one.

Nice set up on the warmer. I'm gonna have to make one of those dudes for sure.

Cat

Shooter6br
09-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Looked at local Home Depot. Box was $4.65 and plates $1.09 . Amazing cost differances. I plan to make this my cold weather prioject. i may pop rivet the hinges and bottom plates. Just a thought

Bret4207
09-13-2010, 07:22 AM
No way anyone actually reloads or casts in that room. Waaaay too neat!

Hardcast416taylor
09-13-2010, 04:08 PM
An organised, neatly kept loading bench is a sure indicator of a disturbed mind!

"A world without string is chaos"! (Mouse Hunt movie quote)

I definatley will make this "muffin warmer".Robert