PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy Question ?

GLL
09-07-2006, 11:16 PM
When a Group Buy order is placed for the 6 cavity moulds will Lee produce a couple of the same profile in single cavity moulds (on the same order) so I can have them converted to hollow points by Buckshot ?

I should have asked this question some time ago ! :)

Jerry

AnthonyB
09-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Jerry, no idea about the Lee but I recommend the RCBS 44-250K. I know Buckshot can HP that one and it will last forever. Tony

Ranch Dog
09-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Lee is going to charge you the setup fee for each TYPE of mold; single, double, or six-cavity.

45 2.1
09-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Lee is going to charge you the setup fee for each TYPE of mold; single, double, or six-cavity.

Rather nice of them to do that. Richard Lee must have adopted Mrs. Jetsons motto of "Charge It". :-D There literature at one time said that the fee was for tooling, cutters and writing programs I believe.

GLL
09-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Michael:

Thank you. I had a suspicion that might be the case. I was hoping that I might slip a couple of single cavities in but did not have high expectations ! :)

Tony:

I have a number of moulds that Buckshot has modified for me. At the time he was not doing 2-cavity moulds but I will contact him about that possibility. The 44-250K is indeed a great mould and his work is outstanding !

Jerry

xpshooter
09-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Does anyone know what the weight of the Kieth type bullet would be after converted to a hollow point?

GLL
09-08-2006, 04:44 PM
xpshooter:

I might be able to help.

1) Do you have a specific mould in mind ?

2) What alloy do you use ?

3) Another variable with Buckshot's conversions is that you have a choice of pin diameter and the pin is adjustable for depth.

Drop me a note and I may be able to give you some information.

Jerry

targetshootr
09-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Something l've been wondering is why doesn't Lee offer the same molds to the general public as the ones they make for these GBs? Then when we miss out on one all we need to do is give 'em a call. Most of what they offer now is oddball stuff compared to what I'm used to using.