PDA

View Full Version : Comanche .45 LC...

lead-1
09-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Does anyone have any dealings with the Comanche .45 LC single shot pistol? I had a guy try to sell me one but I really don't know much about them. Many years ago there was a guy shooting one at a local range, I don't remember if it was very accurate or not but I don't remember him complaining about it either.

tek4260
09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Sure I will get some slack, but aren't those pretty much cheap garbage. I think they were also .410 and cost somewhere around $60 back a few years ago.

lead-1
09-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah pretty much, I realize they aren't target pistols but I was hoping someone had first hand experience with one and had some input on it.

Maybe I should just pass on it.

Mk42gunner
09-03-2010, 09:58 PM
I'll admit it; I actually touched one, twice. Once when the kid checked it into the armory, once when he checked it out. The one he had was the .45 Colt/ .410 shotgun. I have serious doubts as to the accuracy potential with that long chamber.

I hate to sound like a snob, but the gun felt cheap. There are probably better made zipguns out there.

Robert

freighthauler
09-09-2010, 09:33 PM
hi lead, just wanted to say, although i've never actually seen one,the picture in the 2010 gun digest makes it,to me,look like something i just gotta have! i think it looks good!don't remember now,how much it was,but i know it was cheap enough that how could you go wrong? i guess it could just end up a pretty cool paperweight! might shoot,might not.

fixit
09-12-2010, 01:02 PM
o.k i'll admit it! i have two of the 22lr versions. there ok for toss about junkers, may have potential for tinkers (guilty on that account), but they appear t6o have heat treat issues on the transfer bars and firing pins. thats why i have two. the second was a 'gunsmith speacial from a local shop that was reterned for non-firing condition. dis-assembled the firing pin assembly, rotated firing pin 180 deg ,reassembled and it worked! (this is my current memory, i could be rememberin another fix) it needs new parts made from harder metals! i tend to make my firing pins from grade 8 bolts, and never have any further problems!

jh45gun
09-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Thats why I bought a 45/410 barrel for my Encore. Makes for a much better gun or in a Contender same thing much better made then you have a platform to add other barrels if you like.

twotoescharlie
09-12-2010, 03:13 PM
hard to find now. don't think they import them any longer,at least not in this part of the country. TTC

lead-1
09-13-2010, 08:55 PM
There is a shop near here that has new ones and I was offered a used one pretty cheap by a private party. I wouldn't mind playing around with a 45 LC since I have brass and dies for one (lol), buy a gun because you have reloading supplies for it. I know someone besides me has done that.
Someone mentioned the accuracy not being very good since it is a long chamber but isn't the TC Contender barrels the same way? I know its not going to be a 100 yard one holer but if I got 2 inches at 50 I'd probably be OK with that, and I'm in no hurry to pick one up.

Dale53
09-14-2010, 10:05 AM
I have a TC Contender in .45 Colt/.410 shotgun. I bought it for the shotgun utility. It is a DANDY shotgun. Mine patterns extremely well, very nearly as well as a regular full length .410.

However, I had a couple of sessions with .45 Colt cartridges "just to see". It didn't shoot worth beans. I mean, REALLY bad. I was not tempted to shoot .45 Colts in it again. I also had a friend who had one and had the same experience.

YMMV
Dale53

lead-1
09-15-2010, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the input, now I think when I am ready to jump on a 45 LC I will look into other options.