PDA

View Full Version : Saw the most amazing target!

Freightman
09-02-2010, 03:37 PM
at the range it was posted on the frame with the particulars. It was a 20 spot target with 1/2" dots shot at fifty yards, every dot was hit very close to the center. Now the amazing part, it was shot with a Crack Shot with short ammo bought at Wal Mart. If I hadn't known the shooter I would have thought it was a farce but the man who shot it is the most honest man I have ever met anywhere. So it confirms my contention that it is the shooter not the equipment.

Bret4207
09-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Yup, it's like the old saying about handing a master mechanic a pouch full of inferior tools, he'll still do a far better job than the apprentice using the best tools available. In this case the guy found a load the rifle liked and the rest was him!

Was this an original Crackshot? What did he have for sights?

Freightman
09-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Bret I haven't seen the man yet or the gun, but knowing him he did it to show some of the elitist that the high dollar ammo isn't necessary. There is one old man who likes to show off his ultra high price 22's and brag a lot he is a real pain and obnoxious I almost know that the man who shot the target was digging him as he does all the time to shut him up.
The next time I am at the range I will take my camera and if the target is still there I will take a picture.
I am going dove hunting Monday so will not get to the range this week. I might even get a shot at a hog as there are quite a few on the hunting place. We are also going to set up deer feeders as bow season starts Oct. 1

looseprojectile
09-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Been about three or four years ago. A friend showed up with his new 10 22 Ruger.
He bought an aftermarket barrel and stock from Shilen and installed them on the gun in my driveway using my tools. My range is 97 yards through the brush.
He had some Eley 10X ammo and first crack out of the box shot a 10 shot group from my bench that was one ragged hole, maybe 5/16"or a little less.
I went to my shop and got a hand full of my Federal bulk pack hollow point ammo.
Loaded a magazine and proceeded to shoot the exact same group.
He had a Tasco 18 power scope on it. I still have the scope.
I told him I wanted to be in his will. Would he please leave me that gun.
I think about that day shooting and it doesn't seem real. He has the target on his wall.
He still has the gun and I keep asking him to sell it to me.

Life is good