PDA

View Full Version : Another great score

WildmanJack
08-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Today I picked up 300 plus Lbs. of lead from an x-ray wall for $150.00. It just keeps gettin better.. I now have about a ton betwen the pure and the wheel weights. I think that's enough for a while...
Jack

:lovebooli

BSkerj
08-31-2010, 08:29 PM
I bet you can't just stop at a ton !! It is like eating Lays potatoe chips..no one can eat just one !! Or in your case, smelt just one.

white eagle
08-31-2010, 11:15 PM
I hear ya was minding my own business
coming home and a bucket of ww followed me home
ya just can't eat just one (ton):cbpour:

08-31-2010, 11:39 PM
shoot i think i may have 60 pound total! and half of that seems to have a minor amount of zinc in it! I am jealous good haul!

Charlie Two Tracks
09-01-2010, 12:36 AM
I have well UNDER a hundred pounds. The free or cheap stuff is hard for me to find.

home in oz
09-01-2010, 12:41 AM
One ton is never enough......

RobS
09-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Never enough as I see it......................won't be long I suspect until lead sources as we know it are gone. Government.................Lobbyist............... .....etc. and for all the other things out there that really are affecting our society will still remain.

FISH4BUGS
09-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Today I picked up 300 plus Lbs. of lead from an x-ray wall for $150.00. It just keeps gettin better.. I now have about a ton betwen the pure and the wheel weights. I think that's enough for a while...
Jack
:lovebooli

NEVER ENOUGH!
I have about 2000lbs of WW's, 200 lbs of stick ons (pure lead), and 200 lbs of lintotype in my girlfriend's basement.I just read about the EPA snafu and banning lead in bullets (since rescinded, thank goodness) and I panicked and got back to my old WW supplier.
I buy a set of tires a year from him (I drive some 40-50,000 miles a year) and he does an oil service every 3-4 weeks for the Benz diesel. BTW it clicked 300,000 miles yesterday - just another high mileage diesel Benz - nothing better).
I will be getting about a 5 gallon bucket a month from them. It costs me a case of Harpoon India Pale Ale ($25) per 2 five gallon buckets.
I just cannot stop.....I will share my good fortune with a friend that has been good to me. Sold me tons of brass, lent me his Dillon case trimmer, etc. We both shoot submachine guns with cast bullets so lead is a precious commodity.
I collect coffee cans (I live in a 45 unit condo building and pick them out of the recycling bins - only ones with lids - metal and plastic) , 5 gallon buckets (complete with lids from Moe's subs for $1 each - it is their pickle buckets) and 30 lb egg buckets from the bagel shop downtown. I have TONS of coffee cans and buckets....certainly more than I can ever use.
Someday I will have a free giveaway on buckets, coffeee cans (with lids) and buckets (the 5 gallon and the egg buckets). Face to face pickup only.
I suppose I should get treatment for my hoarding disorder but I cannot help myself. Maybe medication? Pain kilers? Medical weed?
God, I wish I could stop.....but WHY?

crappiejig
09-01-2010, 07:16 PM
WOW! a ton! I'm still a newb to casting. I have around 150 lbs. of WW's. I have a long way to go!I gotta get busy!