PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell warranty service

Denver
08-31-2010, 01:09 PM
Just wondering what kind of response others here have had when returning Bushnells products for warranty work. I bought a Bushnell Trophy 3-9X riflescope in 1993 that I've used only rarely since. I recently put it on my Browning HiWall 30-30 to do some load development work and found that I couldn't get it to focus sharply at any range or power setting. I'm boxing it up to send to them for repair or replacement hoping it won't take months to get it back.

bdbullets
08-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Took me about 3 weeks to get 2 of them I sent in to be repaired back. One they sent me a new one for the other they fixed. Overall I was very happy with their service.

mike in co
08-31-2010, 03:23 PM
i had mixed results.
a 1960's or so scope, new in the box, with paper work. bought in 2010. paper work turned in....said 5 yr from date of purchase.
paid to ship in/funds sent for return shipping.....they returned the scope with no work. ..the service guy said it was "damaged"...never mounted still new in the box/wraper.
a couple of phone calls and they agreed to ship at thier cost a new scope....fo a very small sum from me.
i was able to fix the original scope....

just a very strange procedure from them...

mike in co

Denver
08-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Off she goes.

:lovebooli

fatelk
09-01-2010, 04:11 PM
I helped a coworker send one in a couple years ago. He had just bought a new Bushnell scope for his 10/22 and when I tried to help him sight it in it was obviously defective from the factory. He had already thrown away the receipt and box so he couldn't take it back to the store.

He was just going to throw it away and didn't want to bother sending it in. I found their phone number, they said to send it in. A new one arrived a couple weeks later, along with a note: "Please remit $10 for return shipping". The guy on the phone didn't say anything about that.

It seems a bit wrong to me to ask a customer to pay shipping both ways on a brand new product that was defective from the factory. I gave the bill to my coworker but I think he just threw it away. I should have known better than to help someone with something that isn't important to them.

On the other hand, my old company gave me a Leatherman Wave tool about ten years ago. I used it pretty much every day and after a decade it was about worn out, with a couple broken parts. We were in Portland recently and just for fun stopped by the factory. Not expecting anything, I showed it to the lady in the Leatherman retail store. She said "Oh, those have a 25 year warranty. Here, fill out this form." As I filled out the form, she got a brand new tool and just gave it to me. New model Wave, even better.

I always go out of my way to recommend products from companies that have great customer service.

captaint
09-01-2010, 06:01 PM
From what I hear, reminds me of RCBS and Dillon service. Can't be beat. Thank goodness a few companies still believe in customer service and loyalty. Those companies do get my repeat business. Because they earn it. enjoy Mike