PDA

View Full Version : Made my first batch of Molybee

kawalekm
08-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Got some beeswax and a pound of moly-blended lithium grease and made my first batch of Molybee. I weighed a 4oz piece of wax and set it aside. I then scooped out 4oz of the grease, weighing it directly into a small stainless-steel pot perched on the kitchen scale I was using.

Then I started melting the grease on a small Coleman stove on the concrete driveway. Was totally freaked out that there was going to be a fire. The grease smoked a little before it melted, and I asked myself whether this was going to work or not, but then it did. After the grease was totally liquid I dropped in the chunk of bw and stirred till it was totally melted.

A few drops dripped on the ground before I was finished and they cooled into something that looked just like bullet lube. Once the wax was totally gone I poured the mix into PVC tubes mounted in a chunk of 2X4 with a 3/8" wooden dowel in the middle. After cooling for an hour I popped out 4 sticks of lube, of which one already went into the lubesizer.

Got a bunch of 9mm bullets sized and lubed with the new Molybee and couldn't believe that making a premium lube by hand would be so easy. I was very pleased. Why have I been paying money all these years for someone else to make it for me?

DukeInFlorida
08-31-2010, 02:35 PM
I skip the PVC pipes/dowel thing, and pour the molten lube directly into the lubricizer reservoir. Let it sit over night, and she's all set. This way, I actually get a bit more lube in there than I would otherwise, and also avoid any of those nasty air gaps in the lube.

runfiverun
08-31-2010, 05:56 PM
i use a bit of white lithium and some carnuba in mine.
i heat the b-wax till its mushy then blenn in the other ingredients except the carnuba it gets melted and poured on top of the softened b-wax. i don't use moly grease either. i use a solid stick form of it.

Norseman
09-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I've also made the Molybee lube. It is very simple to make.

Poured it in my Star and discovered the air-hole at the back the messy way :shock:

The lube don't require any heat and is a bit messier than the Carnauba Red that I've used earlier.

I've compared the Molybee and Carnauba Red in 9mm and .44 Mag loads and they seem to be equal accurate. The Molybee may have gotten rid of a minute leading in the forcing cone in my 9mm.