PDA

View Full Version : The Moose Hunting Saga

Ivantherussian03
09-07-2006, 02:12 AM
Opening weekend came and went. I managed to get out of the house, and do some hunting.

I hunt a rather large series of meadows, close to home. A short boat ride in fact. It saves gas and commute time. The first thing I noticed was high grass, 4 and 5 feet tall. Too tall really, it made me nervous about bears. A couple of years ago a large black bear came to my moose call. 5 hours of calling produced not much; but my partner swears a bull poped out of trees. The bugs were bad, the worse Seen. Too warm for moose I think still.

An old typhoon from japan blew in today. the fall weather is here..:-D

The K98 is ready for the moose.

Four Fingers of Death
09-07-2006, 05:42 AM
If hunting was easy all the time, there wouldn't be any game left for us. What cal and boolit you running through the K98? Mick.

Ivantherussian03
09-23-2006, 01:04 AM
Well, 8mm, 50 grains of h380, Winchester 185grain corelocks bullets, if I remember right.

I went hunting last night. not 5 minutes after leaving town a rain squall came through. I had to stop my boat, and get my old combat poncho out, and cover me, myself gun, and my cloth coat. The US Army's combat soldier's best friend: the poncho, and water proof bag. There was only a short list of things that actually worked like intended. Unlike todays army....
Cheers:drinks: