PDA

View Full Version : K98 Mauser

Ivantherussian03
09-07-2006, 01:54 AM
I spent last winter reworking this k98 Mauser into shooting condition. I like how it is shooting. But I wonder, the trigger pull seems excessively sloppy. It has a lot slack to pull out. Is that normal?

Buckshot
09-07-2006, 03:46 AM
..............I don't know what you're comparing it to? It will have a 2 stage pull. First stage is rather long (compared to a modern sporter) and then it comes to a stop. At this point, ideally you just apply a bit more pressure and it fires. The mechanism is very simple and not prone to get messed up. Working on this trigger system is pretty simple but not without it's problems. Parts are cheap and easily available if you screw up or just want to have some on hand, 'in case'.

................Buckshot

Topper
09-07-2006, 09:06 PM
A while back a gent that goes by the handle of 45nut suggest installing a Timney trigger on my K98. Didn't break the bank, easy to install, original safety still works, and I'm very happy with the results.

PAT303
09-07-2006, 11:59 PM
It's funny about triggers,I'm so used to military 2 stage ones that light single pull type ones are hard to use. The first shot is always early. Pat