PDA

View Full Version : Zouave Barrel..?

SamTexas49
08-30-2010, 06:38 PM
OK, I posted this sort of else where but "WAY" back ( mid 70's) I had a traditional Zouave, 58 cal, 3 L/G barrel. I found at Dixie Gun works, back then, a replacement barrel, 58Cal but with 7 L/G ! dropped right in, had traditional front sight but no rear sight or bayonet lug. I put a simple ramp style williams sight on it and also added one of the "sniper" sights that slipped over muzzle and up against front sight.

I also had picked up a Lyman 58 cal, 350 gr, SemiWadcut mould and a "sizer" die to push the bullets through to true the skirts. :swagemine:

Well it was one heck of a shooter !!:shock:

Ok, I had a weak moment and sold it.:veryconfu

Since then Ive tried to look for a similar barrel since, contacted Dixie G and told them when I thought it was I had bought the barrel. They had no information to help.

Any ideas out there?

08-31-2010, 12:48 AM
Been there, done that. "Shouldn't have sold it. Note to self, Doh!".

Not much help other than quite a few Italian reproduction Zouaves out there. Auction Arms, Gunbroker, etc?. Or you can bite the bullet and get an original with the 7 groove barrel. The good news- relatively speaking they are about the easiest Civil War era musket to find in top condition. The bad news- they aren't cheap.

I shoot a 7 groove original. You're right, they do shoot!

59sharps
08-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Barrels try S &S Firearms, Bobby Hoyte, Dan whitcer, Lodgewood Or the N-SSA BOARD. You can get phone# and links off the N-SSA Org site.

SamTexas49
08-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Hmmm ! sumpin to check out ! thanks

home in oz
08-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Yep, I regret some sales, too.

flinter62
09-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Thoose barrells were made by Numrich Arms. They may still have some but they are unfinished