PDA

View Full Version : 32-20 new Browning/Winchester Miroku 92

ohiochuck
08-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Is this rifle a good candidate for Turnbull to remove the tang safety, as he does with the 1886 rifles?

Cimarron Red
08-30-2010, 05:13 PM
ohiochuck,

The safety on the 1892 is, for all practical purposes, the same as on the 1886. Removing the tang safety is a very simple procedure. If you want the opening in the tang welded, ground flush, polished and reblued, then you should turn to a professional. From what I've seen of Turnbull's work, it is beautiful, but exhorbitantly priced. I covered the hole in my rifle's tang with a sight base.

ohiochuck
08-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Can you remove the tang safety on a new 32-20 new Browning/Winchester Miroku 92 takedown rifle?

Thank you for the inquiry and the answer to your question is yes.

We can remove the safety from the receiver, fill the cut-out for the safety button and convert the hammer to an original half-cock style. Price is $350 plus return shipping and time to complete the work is approximately 4-6 weeks.

Old Goat Keeper
08-30-2010, 09:20 PM
+1 on what Red said!

Tom

Cimarron Red
08-30-2010, 10:16 PM
ohiochuck,

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer cherce. I can certainly understand why you would consider a professional job on the tang safety removal, along with the restoration of the top tang.

For me the tang safety is unobtrusive and even has the advantage of facilitating dry firing. I can live with the safety, but I removed them on two of my Miroku rifles to make room for a tang sight.

Now the rebounding hammer is an abomination that I cannot live with, and I've removed the offending feature in every Miroku gun I have that is so equipped (with the exception of a NIB 1895 that I intend to sell.)