PDA

View Full Version : Boss was right

Jack Stanley
09-06-2006, 08:53 PM
He was trying to talk me into shooting in a local pistol match . I tried to tell him I haven't pulled the hammer on the match gun for points in a very long time . He says , that's alright I only do it once a year myself !
So when I got home I at least got the model 29 out and shot the closest I had to target loads in it . Mid eighties slow fire , low eighties timed .... didn't even try the rapid . I did have fun , but you ask what does this have to do with leverguns ?

Well I enjoyed it so much I went in the dungeon and got a couple more boxes of reloads and the Marlin 336 that throws them downrange and went blastin' :Fire: Using the LEE cowboy bullets sized .433 or so . 6.9 grs of Bullseye in a .44 mag case . They will rock the swinging steel chuck enough I thought it prudent to back up to about fifty yards so as not to cause it undo wear [smilie=1: I don't think they'll let me shoot a levergun at a pistol match :roll: he he he

Jack

Four Fingers of Death
09-07-2006, 05:30 AM
Nothing like getting a good result at the range!

That cowboy boolit, is that the 200GnRNFP? I actually have two of those moulds, both virgins as I have been travelling around with work recently for the past few years and my casting has suffered accordingly. Mick.

Jack Stanley
09-07-2006, 09:16 PM
I think that's the right bullet . I bought a six-cavity some years back so I'd have a bullet that's easy on lead and feeds through the Marlin great . For a bullet with more knockdown I have a LBT two-fifty that uses a gascheck .

Jack