PDA

View Full Version : Ruger RH/ S&W N-frame Q

HammerMTB
08-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I come to the many gun nuts of Cast Boolits as there are aplenty here who own multiple revolvers that might be able to answer this Q:
I have a new wheelgun I need a holster for- a Ruger Redhawk 4" .45 Colt.
I have not been successful so far in locating a good piece of leather for it. I do see a couple that fit a 4" N-frame Smith. I'm guessing the 2 are so close in frame size that if it fits the Smith, it will fit the RH.
If you own both pistols (and I don't care the bbl length, it's really the frame/cyl size I need to confirm) and can speak to holster fit interchange, I'd appreciate your feedback.
And just to keep it on topic, I'll be using cast loads in it. Lighter for 2-legged predators, 300+ grain heavys for 4-legged.

Mal Paso
08-29-2010, 07:56 PM
The Redhawk Cylinder is a bit bigger but I've had no problems. I just stuck my Redhawk in a Bianchi Holster stamped "S&W LG. FR." and it fits fine.

jackhandle
08-30-2010, 12:32 AM
In my opinion, the best you can find: Ringler Custom Leather, check out their web site at same name , talk with Von or Shirley over there.....GREAT stuff!!!!!

nicholst55
08-30-2010, 01:23 AM
In my opinion, the best you can find: Ringler Custom Leather, check out their web site at same name , talk with Von or Shirley over there.....GREAT stuff!!!!!

Some very nice looking leather there, jackhandle! I think that one of his Wyoming Combination rigs might be just the ticket for my 7-1/2" Bisley Blackhawk!

ohnomrbillk
08-30-2010, 03:10 PM
I bought a Galco southern comfort for my 4" 45 redhawk. It fit tight. Real tight. Took me a long time to get it broke in enough to really function. It is marked as being made for the smith.