PDA

View Full Version : Uberti Cattleman

redgum
08-29-2010, 04:00 PM
I've just been looking at a Uberti Cattleman 4 5/8" 45 Colt.
Does anyone know what is the average bore size on these (.451" or .454").
Also would be keen to score a second cylinder in .45 ACP.
What am in in for in general, good n bad, if I buy it

jh45gun
08-29-2010, 10:02 PM
.452 and they are good well made accurate pistols. I have a 5.5 inch one. Now some of the Ruger fans here will try to tell you that they do not last as long as a Ruger or are as strong as one. Well that is true on the strength you have to shoot Colt strength loads in them but so what a 255 cast lead bullet will go through most critters at 850 to 900 fps. As far as the strength goes I figure they are as strong as the Colts they cloned from and many of them are still going strong after years of use. Only thing I could see going bad after a while would be springs and Wolf makes a spring kit for these as a replacement kit. Many of the cowboy action guys shoot the snot out of these with no issues. I figure Uberti is like Henry a few years ago some folks just like to bash them with out any real basis just because they have an other X brand they like. Yea I have made comments about Rugers on this forum I have had good reason to as I have had some bad ones. I am pretty sure that Uberti makes a Convertible model with both cylinders I would buy that one so you do not have to worry about fitting the other cylinder.

Springfield
08-29-2010, 11:03 PM
I have 8 Uberti pistols I shoot all the time and the only thing I have had break is the bolt spring. So now a I just make me a new wire spring when I get a gun and I am good to go, and it has a better trigger pull also.

NickSS
08-30-2010, 05:28 AM
I own both Uberti and Ruger SA revolvers. I have sold most of my rugers except for my stainless black hawk 367 mag (it might go if I could find a Uberti with adjustable sights to use for a hunting gun) and a 44 Mag Vocarro . I unlike a lot of SA owners keep my cartridges well under max. First I see no advantage to blasting hot loads when a milder load works just as well for what I am using it for and personally every rugger I own or owned is heavier and unbalanced compared to a Uberti clone at least in my hands.

orangezuk
08-30-2010, 02:41 PM
I have a 4,5/8 Uberti, an odd-ball with adjustable sights. I love it. The former owner shot SASS and had some trigger and spring work done, but I think it would have been just fine for me stock. 2nd, It kicks the snot out of my fathers Beretta Stampeed.

redgum
08-31-2010, 04:23 AM
This one is used but in absolutely "as new" condition. 4 5/8" barrel and beautiful deep reddish brown 1 piece grip.
AU$500
I couldn't hold out to the temptation any longer. I'm sure I won't be disapointed

jh45gun
08-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Congrats on a nice pistol mine was in the same shape you describe and used also and I could not resist either. I am glad I did not resist as they are very nice pistols. A tip I put a dab of bright orange fingernail polish on my front sight at the top front for me it helped immensely.

Grapeshot
09-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Uberti make some nice SAA's. I have one and shoot .454 size cast boolits thru it all the time. I usually shoot .45 Schofield brass out of all my .45 Colt revolvers except when I want to shoot black powder rounds and watch my fellow SASS members cringe and gasp at the concussion a full case of 2Fg and a 250 grain bullet.

Have fun with your new revolver.