PDA

View Full Version : Burgers, Fries and.....Wheel Weights!

Lonerider
08-29-2010, 03:18 PM
On another thread I posted about picking up 40lbs. of wheel weights and hualing them back to the Battlefield on a mtn. bike.

The responses were great and they were kind of goofy too....I loved them.

Thought I would let you guys know, that I stopped by that same Farm/Ranch/Tire store on my way back to Bozeman,...... in my ford diesel:razz:

Turns out they had a 1/2 of a 5 gal. bucket waiting for me. They would had have filled it up, had I not had to head back to Bzmn. It had been a couple of weeks since the bike thing. Small country outfit, so it takes a little longer to get wheel weights.

So for the price of some burgers and fries, I got another 1/2 5 gals bucket of clean WW's. I did not have too, but it was the right thing to do.

I apparently made an impression when I rode out of the shop with the last batch on my mtn. bike.

They were still chuckling.....I guess they do not get many bullet casters....with such determination, goofyness, and just plain insanity!:redneck:

I know this though, if I was making a trip back to the Battlefield and call them up a head of time, there would be another 5 gal buck full of ww's for the price of some Burgers and Fries!!

For you that have supplier for ww's, don't forget to show you appreciation and continue to develope a positive realtionship.

Its hard enough with all the anti hunting and anti gun groups out there. But we can make a difference, by showing respect and some time allowing ourselves to being real and redneck crazy.

Lonerider

onesonek
08-29-2010, 03:47 PM
At the title I thought is was a "Jeopardy" question,,,and the answer Alex, what is they all need heat b4 use,,,lol

Good scores Lonerider,,wish I had a relatively local source

Dave

stephen perry
08-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Food is generally the great medium in a deal. Think of how many business transactions are conducted at lunch time.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Sanchez
08-29-2010, 06:43 PM
The good ol' barter system ......

Ya gotta love it.

Lonerider
08-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Onesonek, that was good one , never thought of that.......So, what would be another castboolit jepordy question?

Lonerider

220swiftfn
08-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Yep, I'm proof that "America runs on Dunkin" I bring the guys donuts and something to drink everytime I show up...... Last time I got about 3 5 gal. buckets, not bad if I do say so myself....

Dan

stephen perry
08-30-2010, 08:14 AM
That is where yuppies don't get it they are all into self indulvengance. Eventually destroy their themselves and their families. Sharing with people you don't know is where it's at. Most shooters have been on the bottom some have reached the top but most know how they got there. Pilgrim shooters I have not much use for but grub stakers I really enjoy. I train guys to shoot benchrest don't take much guff, I'm the boss. Safe or out that's always been my crede.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

220swiftfn
08-31-2010, 12:15 AM
Stephen- One of the benefits of being "salt of the Earth" is that moss doesn't tend to grow on you..... :0

Dan