PDA

View Full Version : 32 rimfire

patbig
09-06-2006, 11:59 AM
For those who are interested, I found the site of a guy in France who just started a (small) on line business selling reloading equipment and brass for obsolete, near extinct cartridges, like the Lefaucheux type and the 32 rimfire. The 32 rimfire is based on using a 32 case drilled with an off center hole in which a small 6 mm rimfire blank is inserted. The very short 6 mm rimfire is easily found in France, it's the typical caliber for fairground shooting galleries. The reloading kit (quite basic) sells for €129 or so with 12 cases, either 32 Long or short. http://www.hc-collection.com/ It's in French but lots of pics so easy to understand how he does it. The catch is that since the "primer" is off center it only works in revolvers or single shot rifles, you have to position it so it's in front of the firing pin. The cases are pricey but I guess a DYI job based on the same principle would work too. I don't know the guy, have not actually bought or tested his products, and he is not my sister's husband. :)
Pat

KCSO
09-07-2006, 10:38 PM
It wasn't that many years ago that Navy Arms sold a whole batch of rimfire rounds made up for them in S/A???. I ordered a couple of cases of the stuff for a collector and we shot a lot of it. I don't know if there is any left or not. I ran about 10.00 a box for 32 rimfire but was pretty good ammo.

Bent Ramrod
09-11-2006, 12:00 AM
KCSO,

I looked on Navy's website a couple months ago but couldn't find any mention of .32 Rimfire. Hope they haven't saturated the market and given up on offering it anymore. As I recall it was about $21 per box of 50 last time I bought any. I think it was made in Brazil.